When users try to update the WP core with the on click update, they get an error:
CONFLICT (rename/delete): wp-includes/js/codemirror/esprima.js deleted in HEAD and renamed in upstream/master. Version upstream/master of wp-includes/js/codemirror/esprima.js left in tree.
Posting a workaround here, hopefully it can help out others in the future:
- Switch to sftp mode in dev then connect via sftp using your favorite FTP app like FileZilla
- Make sure /wp-includes/js/codemirror/esprima.js is not present, if yes, delete it.
- Add this file https://github.com/pantheon-systems/WordPress/blob/update-5.0.2/wp-includes/js/codemirror/jshint.js in the /wp-includes/js/codemirror/ folder
- Commit the changes in the Pantheon dashboard
- Switch back to git mode and do the Pantheon core updates in the dashboard, make sure you check the
auto-resolveincase the regular update didn’t work