Pantheon Community

Work Out Loud: Sept 20-24

Wohooo, we made it to another Monday! I hope you’re having a good one!

Welcome to this week’s Work Out Loud thread! Work Out Loud is a weekly opportunity to share what we’re working on, who we’re meeting with, and what we’re doing in our free time! :clap:t5:

Welcome!
Welcome to our newest community members: @jordan.schulz @hatheaven @lawson-ui @andrii.onyshchuk

You’re all cordially invited to participate in our Work Out Loud thread, this week and every week. :smiley: Let us know where in the world you are in the :world_map: :point_down:t5:

This week, I am…
:muscle:t2: working through a big backlog of events stuff (hello Drupalcon Europe!) on the horizon and organizing for our weekly twitter livestream, Bolts n Bytes!. I’m OOO next week for some family stuff so trying to get as much as I can before I drop off the slacks!

:heart: I also kicked off my AnitaB.org Mentoring group and got some meet of the amazing ladies that I’ll be mentoring this year. It was so inspiring to hear about their career journeys and it’s honestly an honor to be a small of part of them navigating tech.

What I am Most Excited About
:film_strip: A very special episode of Bolts n Bytes is on the horizon for DrupalCon Europe and if we can get all the things lined up, there will be a giveaway too! @mmlc and I are in the planning stages and very excited to bring to you a special production :tada:

Your turn! Here are a few questions to get you started:

• What are you working on this week?
  • Do you have any big wins you want to share? Anything you would like us to celebrate or feature on Bolts n Bytes on Thursday morning?
  • What is motivating (or demotivating) you this week?
  • What are you learning? What would you like to learn?
  • Any good videos/podcasts/articles you can recommend?
  • Any upcoming travel plans you are super excited to share?

This week I am nominating @david.needham @dts @kristi.whitman @DamienMcKenna @mikemiles86 and @jsdev to share some of the things they are working on!

1 Like

Well when @fatima.khalid calls me out, how could I not respond.

This week, I am…
:microphone: Presenting at two different virtual conferences. Tuesday (9/21/2021, today!) at WPCampus, on the subject of Inclusive Design. On Wednesday (9/22.2021) I will be presenting at GitKon on the subject of How To Manage Releases Using Git Tags And Semantic Versioning. (Both conferences are free to attend)

A big win to share…
:trophy: This week my team is rolling out the last major blocker we have preventing us from updating our website to Drupal 9. We are finally migrating away from media entities to core media. With that complete we just have a few contrib modules to update! We should be good to upgrade before Drupal 8 EOL. (A big shout out to the hard work of my team)

:dark_sunglasses: My team has also been hard at work resolving all of the accessibility issues identified on our website from the audit we did with Perkins Access. We are down to our final 10 issues!

:mask: Lastly, I received my flu shot this morning!

What I am Most Excited About…

:fallen_leaf: The fall weather here in New England and all of the activities the come with it. The family and I have already went :apple: apple picking and baked an :pie: apple pie (which I am enjoying for breakfast.)

2 Likes

Thanks for the nomination @fatima.khalid!

This week, I am …
Working on some new marketing materials about Drupal 9. You can check them out on the website (web page, data sheet, blog post coming soon). Also collaborating with @steve.persch on some materials for the WebOps21 event next week. We’ll be sharing the latest and greatest news and features from Pantheon. Oh, and I’m doing some research about headless WordPress and Drupal. Exciting stuff!

What I am most excited about:
Obviously I’m excited to tune in for the very special episode of Bolts n Bytes! It’s my favorite show, and I try to watch every week. :slight_smile: Also excited about WebOps21 and connecting with other web professionals at the event.

In my free time…
I’m having a lot of fun playing around with various add-ons and toolkits for the WordPress block editor. Kadence Blocks is one of my favorites so far. Twentig is another one; it’s actually a plugin that provides several starter templates using the block editor. Ghost Kit is also really cool. It’s inspiring to see all of these emerging tools that are advancing and expanding Gutenberg’s capabilities!

1 Like

Haha, good to see you too @mikemiles86 , it sounds like you have a pretty exciting week!Best of luck with those presentations - wohooo WPCampus :tada: and Git Kon :tada:

And a huge congratulations on both accounts - the migration and accessibility issues! Sounds like a celebration :sparkles: for Bolts n Bytes!

Hope the flu shot doesn’t have any side effects :crossed_fingers:t2: happy presenting! :film_strip:

Of course, @kristi.whitman ! :heart:

Oh yes, WebOps 21 is right around the corner! I’m looking forward to seeing the latest and greatest (and some really awesome keynotes!)

:tada: thank you for being the first and most awesome Bolts n Bytes fan :medal_sports: we super appreciate your support! (cc @JohnRichardsII )

And wow, I didn’t know about any of those and they’re definitely going on my exploration backlog. Thank you for sharing Kristi!

1 Like

Happy new week, @fatima.khalid! Typical for me, I started writing this reply and it got hidden in my multitude of tabs in Chrome :grin:

This week I am…
:drupal: Working on planning for DrupalCon as well… mostly because I have some speaking practice and slide updates to make! I can’t believe that it is less than 2 weeks away already.

I am looking forward to…
:printer: Going full-on Office Space on my home wifi router. There is something seriously wrong with that thing and I’m very much looking forward to the day when it is replaced with something that works reliably