Pantheon Community

Work Out Loud: Sept. 13-17

Happyyyy Monday friends! :wave:

Welcome to this week’s Work Out Loud thread! Work Out Loud is a weekly opportunity to share what we’re working on, who we’re meeting with, and what we’re doing in our free time! :clap:t5:

Welcome!
Welcome to our newest community members: @carlosgoc37 @ednardoariel @Madhu @afernandez @Martiros @JTHall94 @awasson @adehner! You’re all cordially invited to participate in our Work Out Loud thread, this week and every week. :smiley: Let us know where in the world you are in the :world_map: :point_down:t5:

This week, I am…
:100: Participating in Orbit’s #100DaysOfCommunity challenge! I am a nerd when it comes to building community, and being able to learn from others in the community space is powerful! If you have an awesome community tip/trick, feel free to share it here! Shoutout to @fatima.khalid for finding this fun challenge! :clap:

:mantelpiece_clock: Lots of WordPress + Drupal events on the horizon! Stepping in to help a teammate who is out on medical leave, so things are busy! Who else is excited to start attending camps in person?! :raised_back_of_hand:

What I am Most Excited About
:film_strip: Another episode of Bolts n Bytes! Guys, this is an awesome opportunity to catch up with some of our awesome DevAdvocacy folks! Last week we hear from @fatima.khalid + @katie.richards + it was magical! :woman_mage: Speaking of —if you have something or someone you would like us to give a shoutout to, drop it below! :arrow_down: This could be a big win for you or your team, someone who helped you in a big way, etc. We want to highlight all of the awesome work that happens in + outside of our community. If you don’t have anything to share, don’t worry --this is an informal time to connect + chat! :heart:

Your turn! Here are a few questions to get you started:

• What are you working on this week?
  • Do you have any big wins you want to share? Anything you would like us to call out on Bolts n Bytes on Thursday morning?
  • What is motivating (or demotivating) you this week?
  • What are you learning? What would you like to learn?
  • Any good videos/podcasts/articles you can recommend?
  • Any upcoming travel plans you are super excited to share?

This week I am nominating @afernandez @FreMun @greggmarshall @teknikqa @sparklingrobots @katy.gray to share some of the things they are working on!

Happy middle of the week to you @McKennaR!

This week I am…
:tshirt: Working on swag for upcoming Pantheon Community events (supply chainnnnnnnn making us stay on top of these things!)
:pantheon: Beginning to think of our annual Gift of Open Source event and how we can make it even better than last year!

New to me…
:notebook: I’ve been looking for the perfect note taking solution for what feels like years (I’ve used Evernote for years but it’s gotten very slow, unreliable, and very upsell-y). I learned about and installed Obsidian this week and I’m really enjoying it so far. It’s SUPER intuitive and has a great community of folks that have build extensions and plugins to take its capabilities even further!

1 Like