Work Out Loud: October 17-21—Come Share What You’re Working on/Proud of This Week! 😎

Hi all! :wave: Hope everyone’s having a great week. I know this week’s thread is coming a bit late… It’s been fairly busy for me, so I’m definitely looking forward to the weekend! So, feel free to use this thread as a way to share things that you’ve already worked on that you’re proud of or anything else you might want to share!

This Week’s Featured Tweet:

ICYMI: John Rearick (@jrearick-pfg) is our October 2022 Community Champion. Check out the forum announcement to learn more about John and the impact he’s making in open source, and join me in congratulating him! :clap:

Now, let’s get right to it! For those of you who are new here: Work Out Loud is a weekly opportunity to share what we’re working on, who we’re meeting with, and what we’re doing in our free time. There are no rules here—share whatever you’d like!

Welcome New Members!
Welcome to our newest community members: @sauter-direkt, @CBNGI, @admin-seo-expert, @growinnsteps, @Pradeep, @ssantos, @Rich, @slattery, and @duvaljd. We’re so excited to have you here! You’re cordially invited to participate in our Work Out Loud thread, this week and every week. :grinning: Let us know where in the world you are! :world_map:

This Week, I Am…
:trophy: I spent a lot of my time this week working on the internal and external promotional plan, messaging, and materials for the 2022 Best in WebOps Awards (including social media posts, internal slide decks, and more). And in case you didn’t see, we’re officially accepting submissions for the awards! Submit your nomination here.

What I am Most Excited About…
:snowflake: I recently put in the rest of my PTO requests for the remainder of the year, so I’m starting to plan my time off and am looking forward to spending some quality time with family/loved ones during the holidays.

Your turn! See below for a few questions to get you started, and feel free to share as little or as much as you’d like. :point_down:

• What are you working on/what did you work on this week?
  • Do you have any recent big wins you want to share?
  • What are you learning and/or reading right now?
  • Is there anything our community can help you with?

This week, I’m nominating @douglaskarr, @EricAtNRD, @streamlinemyrei, @gcaudle, and @jraborar (but really, anyone can participate!) to share! Feel free to chime in by clicking “Reply” below, and then, nominate others. :open_hands:

YES!! You are always so gracious about sharing my writer’s prompts!

“What’s the best/worst keyboard you’ve ever owned? (and why, of course) You can even include an image.”

1 Like

This week I’ve been working with our “update tool” which does automation when new CMS updates are available. Specifically, what I was working on was pulling in our WordPress mu-plugin from our pantheon-mu-plugin repository into our default WordPress upstream so that we’re not having to maintain two different versions of essentially the same code.

This week also kicked off our Hackathon and I’m working on a “Pantheon DXP” using WordPress and Altis DXP by Human Made via their new Altis Accelerate plugin to see how much of the core DXP I can use and get working on our infrastructure and what a hypothetical “composable DXP” on Pantheon might look like.

:dragon: I am excited about the fact that my 17yo son has started DMing and kicked off his first Dungeons & Dragons campaign this week. This means I actually get to be a player! Despite having run D&D for these kids for ~3 years, I’ve never actually played this game :scream: (I’ve played other RPGs, just not Dungeons & Dragons).

:game_die: This weekend, we’re also going to hang out at a friend’s place for a game night, which I’m looking forward to.

2 Likes

Love this topic!!! I’ve shared internally + will share the responses I get (also let people know they can reach out to you on the forum). :slight_smile:

1 Like

You sure know how to keep busy, Chris!!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: But your Hackathon project sounds interesting. Love how involved Pantheors are getting with the Hackathon! Would love to eventually do something like this with the whole community (externally).

And aw, how was the game night you went to? Hope it was fun! :raised_hands:

It went well. We played a couple games of Between Two Cities because we had a bunch of players (the kids wanted to play) and that was the one game at hand that could accomodate everyone. Our friends got a copy of Dark Souls – which is sort of like D&D in a box – and we played through a couple rooms in that but didn’t have time to finish it out.

1 Like