Pantheon Community

Work Out Loud: Oct. 25-29

Hey friends! :wave: I missed you last week, but I am super excited to hear what you are all up to this week!

For those of you who are new here – Work Out Loud is a weekly opportunity to share what we’re working on, who we’re meeting with, and what we’re doing in our free time. No rules here, share whatever you would like!

Welcome New Members!
Welcome to our newest community members: @krpurk @cscomfort @GaleW @aries185 @dietrich.schmidt @susobhandev @NReilingh @sumiyaakter2007 @DTrammel @mquill. We are sooo excited to have you here! You’re cordially invited to participate in our Work Out Loud thread, this week and every week. :smiley: Let us know where in the world you are! :world_map:

This week, I am…

:gift_heart: Working on getting everything queued up for the Gift of Open Source! The purpose of this event is to sprinkle some extra cheer during the holiday season by giving back to the open source projects you love most! Whether helping diversify speaker rosters at events, contributing to documentation or coding on WP-CLI, there’s something for everyone. Open source enthusiasts from all backgrounds and skill levels are encouraged to contribute! More information coming soon!

:new: Attending a new manger training this week! For all those people managers out there – what advice do you have to share? What have you learned over the years managing people?

This Week I am Excited For…

:ghost: :jack_o_lantern: Handing out candy this weekend + picking one lucky winner to take home a $50.00 Visa Gift Card for sharing their spookiest Halloween costumes!

Your turn! Here are a few questions to get you started :point_down:

• What are you working on this week?
  • Are you going trick-or-treating?
  • Do you have any big wins you want to share? Anything you would like us to call out on Bolts n Bytes on Thursday morning at 9AM PST?
  • What projects are you working on this week?
  • Is there anything our community can help you with? Help support you?
  • What are you learning right now?
  • Any upcoming travel plans you are super excited to share?

This week I am nominating @katie.richards @andrewmallis @dinarcon @amykhailova @volkswagenchick @lily.cai @ANW @JQTNguyen @nackersa @surabhi.gokte to share this week! :wave:

Thanks for the nomination!

As a manager, my best piece of advice is to remember we all communicate differently. Whereas you might thrive on a video call, others may be better communicators through text.

This week is super exciting!!

Today I submitted my final proposal for DrupalCon NA - remember they are due this Friday!! I submitted two sessions, a workshop on alternative text and the other about how making our websites secure may be affecting accessibility (pirate themed)…

I am so stoked to be on vacation mid week. We are traveling down to San Diego to see the current iteration on The Grateful Dead, Dead and Company and visit my sister who works at the San Diego Wild Animal Park…

WHo know if I really will get any work done on Friday! HAHAHA

1 Like

As a manager, my best piece of advice is to remember we all communicate differently. Whereas you might thrive on a video call, others may be better communicators through text.

That is such great advice! I agree 100% with that. Everyone’s working styles are different. This new manager training has actually opened up my eyes to a lot of things, so it’s been good! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

WOOOHOO DrupalCon NA! Thanks for the heads up, I will make sure the team knows this as well. I keep telling myself I need to do a better job of positing open CFPs here in the forum :hear_no_evil:

VACATIOOOOOONNNN!! :sun_with_face: :beach_umbrella: San Diego is hands down one of my favorite spots to visit! Perfect weather, less packed than LA, tons of amazing food + hikes all around! Hmmm the grateful dead? I haven’t heard of that before. What is it?? And yesss all the animals!! :zebra: :elephant: Take photos and share will you?!

Hello my friend!

This week… I’m not sure what I am working on! I was out of the office last week and it always takes a few days to wrap my mind around how to use a computer again :laughing:
The Gift of Open Source is definitely a priority for me as well. I’m here to help however possible!

:bat: :tiger: :vampire: Halloween is at the top of my kids’ favorite holidays list and we’re all-in on celebrating and decorating. We went to our local zoo’s costume event last weekend and have one more school event this week before the Big Night of trick or treating. I’m crossing my fingers that the weather stays dry!

1 Like