Work Out Loud: November 7-11—Come Share What You’re Working on This Week! ⚡

Hi all! :wave: Hope everyone’s having a great week so far!

This Week’s Featured Tweet:

Did you catch last week’s episode of Talking Drupal? Tearyne Almendariz (@NineLivesBlackCat), Developer Advocate at Pantheon, and Blake Bertuccelli, Founder of Equalify, talk about WebOps enabled accessibility and why you should care about it. I definitely encourage you to take a listen, so you can learn how your digital work can be more accessible!

Now, let’s get right to it! For those of you who are new here: Work Out Loud is a weekly opportunity to share what we’re working on, who we’re meeting with, and what we’re doing in our free time. There are no rules here—share whatever you’d like!

Welcome New Members!
Welcome to our newest community members: @azhar1407, @rriley, @upperhouse, @jar, and @cjboranp. We’re so excited to have you here! You’re cordially invited to participate in our Work Out Loud thread, this week and every week. :grinning: Let us know where in the world you are! :world_map:

This Week, I Am…
:trophy: Working on some internal presentation materials and working with the team to reach out to prospective judges for Pantheon’s 2022 Best in WebOps Awards! ICYMI: We’re now accepting submissions for the awards! Apply to the awards here.

:star2: Working on promotional materials to announce our November 2022 Community Champion. Expect to hear the news of who this month’s Community Champion is next week!

What I am Most Excited About…
:yellow_heart: My sister and cousin are visiting me in CO later this month, so I’m excited to see them both (on two separate weeks so should be fun)!

Your turn! See below for a few questions to get you started, and feel free to share as little or as much as you’d like. :point_down:

• What are you working on this week?
  • Do you have any recent big wins you want to share?
  • What are you learning and/or reading right now?
  • Is there anything our community can help you with?

This week, I’m nominating @MRRink, @gjramos87, @hubbardr, @kappaluppaTFA, @Jesperanza32, and @mmollah (but really, anyone can participate!) to share! Feel free to chime in by clicking “Reply” below, and then, nominate others. :open_hands:

Good morning all. I hope your November is off to a good start.

I spend a bit of time in the Drupal Slack. If you’re using Drupal, the Drupal Slack is a great place to get ideas, share ideas, and help Drupal developers and site builders work through problems. Recently, I was motivated to post my very first contributed module to Drupal.org in response to a Slack user who was looking for a way to have email notifications sent to content managers when content got old and needed review.

This week I got my very first bug report. I love this for two reasons: (1) people might actually be interested in the little module I made; and (2) I’m crowdsourcing the review of my code. Fortunately for me the bug was just a careless mistake on my part – easily fixed.

The more I am involved with the Drupal community – reporting issues, contributing code, helping maintain modules, participating in the Slack, here on Pantheon.io – the more I really appreciate it.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your recent accomplishments + what you’re working on this week, Aaron! :clap: :clap: And congrats on posting your first contributed module to drupal.org!!! So exciting!!! I also contributed to drupal.org for the first time earlier this year (helped review/edit documentation). I love how Drupal makes it easy for non-devs (like myself) contribute + how supportive/collaborative the entire community is - I so appreciate it! :yellow_heart: