Pantheon Community

Work Out Loud: November 23-29, 2020

Welcome to Work Out Loud, a weekly thread where we share what we’re working on, who we’re meeting with, and what we’re cookin up…whether it’s food or a cool new project. :laughing:

Welcome!
Welcome to our newest community members: @sarayourfriend, @o.farooq, @morganestes, @jhall2350, @mtalt, @PaErickson, @naandrews, @genquebec & @tdnshah. Thank you for joining our community! You’re cordially invited to participate in our Work Out Loud thread. :smile:

This week, I am…
:pantheor: Still flying high from an amazing Pantheon tenth anniversary celebration! I heard so many stories about the early days of the company – both about people inside Pantheon and about people in our amazing community. :sparklesob: (p.s. @duran your appearance in this video is legendary)

My first month at Pantheon, I got to go to Darmstadt, Germany for Drupal Europe! I will not share the photo of the enormous beer I had with @dgorton & @david.needham but I will share this photo that expresses my love of a good Brezel mit Butter. :pretzel:

:eu: Speaking of, DrupalCon Europe is coming up! Lots of prep work going on there…probably should make a topic to see who all is attending!

:gift: The Gift of Open Source is picking up steam!

:turkey: Cooking every food. So many foods.

Recently learned…
I watched an amazing talk from Coraline Ada Ehmke about ethics in open source. I learned so much about the history of computer science from an ethical (or…unethical) perspective and am inspired by the Ethical Source Movement she started.

Your turn! Here are a few questions to get you started:

• What are you working on this week?
  • What is motivating (or demotivating) you this week?
  • What are you learning?
  • Any good videos/podcasts/articles you can recommend?

I nominate @dgorton, @McKennaR, @mmlc & @JohnRichardsII!

3 Likes

Working on

Working on a presentation about the productivity power of automation. I’m excited because I love any chance to talk about my favorite tools Quicksilver and Custom Upstreams. Of course there are lots of other ways to automate so if anyone else has some favorite automation tools/stories I’d love to hear them.

What is motivating (or demotivating) you this week?

• Thanksgiving!
  • Like Tara, still riding the anniversary celebration high
  • Where the Water Tastes Like Wine

Learning
More about automation. My favorite part about presenting is the researching.

Recommendation
Started playing Where the Water Tastes Like Wine last night and it is quite the ride. I don’t know that I would recommend it as a game, but as an experience I’m hooked. It’s a game where stories are the currency, and the more you tell a story the wilder it gets. You take these stories and then tell them to people in exchange for their life stories. Those stories are the most powerful stories because they are true.

Isn’t a dingy and battered truth better than a shining lie?

2 Likes

Howdy friends! :wave: Who else is pumped for a long weekend!?

This week, I am…

• Updating the website copy for our Community Collaborators program. If you’re interested in learning more about it lmk! :rocket:
    Working with our vendors for Gift of Open Source! All the swag, sweet, sweet swag!!
    Prepping to potentially foster 2 puppies for the holidays! Yes, you heard right–PUPPIES! :dog: :dog:

This week I am motivated by…

All the delicious Thanksgiving dishes waiting for me! :turkey:

I am most looking forward to…

• Spending time with my family!
  • Gearing up for the first week of the Gift of Open Source. There is still time to register friends!! :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift:
  • Going on some hikes with Chubs up north!

Last week I learned…

• How to set up a sewing machine! I’ve always loved design [fun fact: I used to make jeans in High School] but haven’t given it much attention of the years, so excited to give it a try again! :safety_pin:
2 Likes

@JohnRichardsII Where the Water Tastes Like Wine sounds amazing :heart_eyes:

@McKennaR PUPPY PICTURES PLEASE

2 Likes

@sparklingrobots don’t you worry, I will be sharing all the photos when I get the pups! :dog: :heart_eyes:

1 Like