Welcome to the inaugural edition of Work Out Loud.
This weekly thread is a great place to share what you’re working on, learning and building. Let’s cheer each other on, help each other out, and generally have a good time.
Welcome to our newest community members: @rjsamuel, @ajv009, @samxu, @eojthebrave, @jeingham, @mmcachran, @jillbinder, @dnbonneville, @origamistudios, @daddison, @lcatlett and @singularo! We’re so excited to have you here & invite you to participate in this thread with some insight into what you’re working on this week.
This week, I am…
- Attending and speaking at Lesbians Who Tech Debug Summit 2020. Super excited to see a conversation between Alicia Garza & Angelica Ross.
- Keeping the Gift of Open Source momentum up as we approach December!
- Working on a couple blog posts: one about the history of diversity in tech, and one about a really cool customer project…more on that soon, I hope!
- Teaching the basics of WebOps to our newest Pantheors (that’s what we call Pantheon employees)
- New Mexico is going back to full lockdown, so maybe I’ll join the bread baking train. Any easy recipes for a newbie baker?
I recently read a powerful article from Lara Hogan about how to respond when a teammate shares their grief. She shares some powerful tips for listening and making space, and I think in 2020 we could all use a little more emotional support.
Your turn! Here are a few questions to get you started:
- What are you working on this week?
- What is motivating (or demotivating) you this week?
- What are you learning?
- Any good videos/podcasts/articles you can recommend?
p.s. Credit for this idea goes to the folks at the Community Roundtable!