Work Out Loud: May 9-13

Hi all! :wave: I hope everyone is doing well and had a wonderful, restful weekend!

This Week’s Featured Tweet:

ICYMI: Registration is open for WordSesh 2022 (virtual event taking place May 16-20), which is organized by Pantheon Hero and Event Producer at WPSessions, @rzen! Check out the above tweet to see the speaker list, and register at wordsesh.com.

This year’s WordSesh features sessions from Pantheon Heroes and staff, which include:

• Getting Started with Continuous Integration and WordPress with @carlalexander, Founder at Ymir, on Thursday, May 19 at 3pm ET/12pm PT
  • Developing an SDK for Personalization at the Edge with @chris.reynolds, Software Engineer at Pantheon, on Thursday, May 19 at 3:30pm ET/12:30pm PT

Now, let’s get right to it! For those of you who are new here: Work Out Loud is a weekly opportunity to share what we’re working on, who we’re meeting with, and what we’re doing in our free time. There are no rules here—share whatever you’d like!

Welcome New Members!
Welcome to our newest community members: @douglaskarr, @splaquet, and @mcollins. We’re so excited to have you here! You’re cordially invited to participate in our Work Out Loud thread, this week and every week. :grinning: Let us know where in the world you are! :world_map:

This Week, I Am…
:construction: Work on our community website revamp (which includes a new, separate page for our Heroes Advocacy Program) continues! This week, I’m working with @McKennaR and @katie.richards to finalize our website content and the design briefs, so they’re ready to be shared with our Communications and Web Design/Dev Teams.

:rainbow_flag: Collaborating with my Pridetheon ERG partner, @ANW, to plan a volunteer activity for Pridetheon ERG members, a fundraising campaign, and a few other activities. I’ll let y’all know if/when we need community support!

What I am Most Excited About…
:hash: I’m excited to be on the Kissflow Community Platform’s Twitter chat tomorrow at 10am ET/7am PT. I’ll be answering questions about building community engagement and talking up Pantheon Platform’s community. Please join us and follow along using #TheCommunityChat hashtag on Twitter! :tada:

Your turn! See below for a few questions to get you started, and feel free to share as little or as much as you’d like. :point_down:

• What are you working on this week?
  • Do you have any recent big wins you want to share?
  • What are you learning and/or reading right now?
  • Is there anything our community can help you with?

This week, I’m nominating @wheublein, @bradbulger, @ilessing, @moonagedev, and @Badrul (but really, anyone can participate!) to share! Feel free to chime in by clicking “Reply” below, and then, nominate others. :open_hands:

1 Like

Welcome new folks!!

This week’s TODOs

• Prepping a couple of session slide decks for the WomenTech Conference
  • Working on some crowdsourced quote round up article for Opensource.com

Wins!!

• Started my garden. I planted loofah seeds, it has always been a dream of mine to have a loofah farm.

I am reading

• Mountains of medical journals on lyme disease
  • On a whim, i bought some Cosmo magazines and am flipping through them for some fashion looks…but really more looking at the fashion and deciding what NOT to wear. HAHA
1 Like

Love all of this! Ahh yeah, you have a bunch of talks coming up! Are you all ready for your Women Who Code’s CONNECT Recharge talk?

And I’d love to see pics of your garden, especially after the loofahs sprout!

Also, re: looking through Cosmo mags, I totally relate. I’ve come to a point in my life where I prioritize comfort over looking stylish. Lol!