Work Out Loud: May 2-6

Hi everyone! :wave: Hope everyone is doing well! If you attended DrupalCon last week, what was your favorite session/part?! Also, I hope you have some time to relax and recharge! :sleeping:

This Week’s Featured Tweet:

Even though I didn’t get to attend this year’s DrupalCon US in person, I was definitely there in spirit and was following along on social media! I feel like the above tweet gets to the heart of what DrupalCon (and really Drupal) is all about—community. The people are what make the Drupal community and greater open source community so great. :yellow_heart:

Now, let’s get right to it! For those of you who are new here: Work Out Loud is a weekly opportunity to share what we’re working on, who we’re meeting with, and what we’re doing in our free time. There are no rules here—share whatever you’d like!

Welcome New Members!
Welcome to our newest community members: @willc, @mukta, @raihan, and @treighton. We’re so excited to have you here! You’re cordially invited to participate in our Work Out Loud thread, this week and every week. :grinning: Let us know where in the world you are! :world_map:

This Week, I Am…
:construction: Continuing to work on the revamp of our community landing page (which includes a new, separate page for our Heroes Advocacy Program). We’re finalizing the wireframes this week and aim on having phase one of the new community and Heroes landing pages ready by the end of Q2!

:rainbow_flag: Planning Pridetheon’s (Pantheon’s LGBTQIA+ ERG) May volunteer activity and thinking through Pride programs. I’m definitely envisioning a fundraising campaign of some sort that we can do, and if/when I need community support, I’ll definitely let y’all know!

What I am Most Excited About…
:video_camera: I’m excited to check out some of the DrupalCon sessions! I’m hoping to watch some of the session recordings later this week.

Your turn! See below for a few questions to get you started, and feel free to share as little or as much as you’d like. :point_down:

• What are you working on this week?
  • Do you have any recent big wins you want to share?
  • What are you learning and/or reading right now?
  • Is there anything our community can help you with?

This week, I’m nominating @LindaC, @shamus75, @bsharpe, @vivb, @rolo, and @zeldons (but really, anyone can participate!) to share! Feel free to chime in by clicking “Reply” below, and then, nominate others. :open_hands:

My favorite part of DrupalCon was the mentored contribution. It was very exciting to have so many new mentors.

We even had one mentee come on Wednesday and then mentor themselves on Thursday!

1 Like

Oh wow, love that!!! Wonderful that that person could give back later that same week!

@volkswagenchick, @McKennaR is currently looking for photos from the DC contribution rooms. Do you have any or know of any folx who we could reach out to for photos? Thanks!!

there is a flicr account. Flickr: The DrupalCon Portland 2022 Pool

and in this thread there are a couple Slack

1 Like

Oh great, thanks!! FYI, @McKennaR, see above.