Work Out Loud: May 16-20

Hi all! :wave: I hope everyone is doing well and had a wonderful, restful weekend!

This Week’s Featured Tweet:

If you’re new to the Pantheon and/or broader open source community, know that you’re never alone. The above tweet is a great reminder that you always have support in the open source community. So, if you need something, please do reach out! That’s one thing I love about this community—how endlessly supportive it is.

Now, let’s get right to it! For those of you who are new here: Work Out Loud is a weekly opportunity to share what we’re working on, who we’re meeting with, and what we’re doing in our free time. There are no rules here—share whatever you’d like!

Welcome New Members!
Welcome to our newest community members: @rogans, @laurapaisley, and @jbstock. We’re so excited to have you here! You’re cordially invited to participate in our Work Out Loud thread, this week and every week. :grinning: Let us know where in the world you are! :world_map:

This Week, I Am…
:construction: Continuing to work on our community website revamp (which includes a new, separate page for our Heroes Advocacy Program)! This week, I’m working with our Internal Comms Team to finalize website copy and submit tickets to the Web Design/Dev Team, so they can make plans to tackle updating the website in an upcoming sprint.

:rainbow_flag: Collaborating with my Pridetheon ERG partner, @ANW, on Pride 2022 activities. This week, we’re having a Pridetheon ERG meeting, solidifying plans for our June ERG volunteer activity, and starting to put the fundraising campaign/fund together in Bright Funds.

What I am Most Excited About…
:luggage: I’m excited to connect with some Pantheors at our Marketing Team Offsite in San Francisco next week! I actually just got back from a little trip to New York, so will be resting, packing, and prepping for the trip this week.

Your turn! See below for a few questions to get you started, and feel free to share as little or as much as you’d like. :point_down:

• What are you working on this week?
  • Do you have any recent big wins you want to share?
  • What are you learning and/or reading right now?
  • Is there anything our community can help you with?

This week, I’m nominating @palmiak, @mcurran, @nimil.parikh, @BrandonNeilPFG, @sindhu, and @InGauge (but really, anyone can participate!) to share! Feel free to chime in by clicking “Reply” below, and then, nominate others. :open_hands:

ICYMI: WordSesh 2022 is happening THIS WEEK! Register for free, and catch sessions from Pantheon Heroes and staff, which include:

• Getting Started with Continuous Integration and WordPress with @carlalexander, Founder at Ymir, on Thursday, May 19 at 3pm ET/12pm PT
  • Developing an SDK for Personalization at the Edge with @chris.reynolds, Software Engineer at Pantheon, on Thursday, May 19 at 3:30pm ET/12:30pm PT