Pantheon Community

Work Out Loud: March 29 - April 2, 2021

Welcome to this week’s Work Out Loud thread! Work Out Loud is a weekly opportunity to share what we’re working on, who we’re meeting with, and what we’re doing in our free time.

Welcome!
Welcome to our newest community members: @detective, @sneha72003, @btb, @vince, @girlgeek, @KGusta, @martin, @Sainath & @nchin ! You’re cordially invited to participate in our Work Out Loud thread, this week and every week. :smiley: Let us know where in the world you are, and what brings you to the Pantheon community.

This week, I am…
:trophy: Lightning Awards submissions open this Wednesday!
:drupal: Continuing work on all things DrupalCon. Prepping for the Community Summit, the Hidden Histories of Drupal panel, my talk with Sienna Svob at Blue State Digital, Pantheon’s booth presence, and the Decoupled Menus initiative contribution day. Phew.
:books: Finishing out my ten-week novel writing class.
:ddi: Continuing planning work on Drupal Diversity & Inclusion’s first camp!

Plus, you know, it’s taxes and gardening season.

Motivated by:
That springtime energy! Vaccine roll-outs! All the things!

Took that on my morning walk today.

Demotivated by:
I hate April Fool’s Day.

Your turn! Here are a few questions to get you started:

• What are you working on this week?
  • What is motivating (or demotivating) you this week?
  • What are you learning?
  • Any good videos/podcasts/articles you can recommend?
  • What gives you energy at work?

I nominate @katie.richards, @CodeChefMarc, @McKennaR, @KGusta, @Frontmobe & @volkswagenchick!

Happy Monday, y’all!
Tara

1 Like

I’m totally with you about April Fool’s Day and pranks in general. They stress me out! Unfortunately, I live in a house with several boys who think it’s the funniest thing ever. I’m hoping I can make it through this week without any calamities :crossed_fingers:

This week I am…
:writing_hand: Finished up editing the transcripts for a WordPress Diversity Outreach workshop this morning so it can be handed off to translators. I weirdly enjoy this kind of meticulous editing work!
:birthday: Happy anniversary Pantheon Heroes! The second anniversary of our official advocacy program was last week so this month will be filled with celebrating our current Heroes and making improvements for future Heroes.
:books: I just came across this guide to using alt text in images, something I need to get better at, and have saved it to read when I have a free moment this week

Happy Monday and (nearly) April!

2 Likes

I love all the creative digital fun from April Fools, but I also am not a fan of basic pranking. A good prank should be just as enjoyable for the person getting “pranked.”

Motivated by: Working outside in the beautiful weather.

Working on:
Updating training materials
Meeting with a few Pantheon teams to better understand how they support customers adopting WebOps .

2 Likes

Thanks for the nomination @sparklingrobots … I too, hate April Fool’s Day
I am going to actually share something completely different today…

Some of you know, but for those who don’t… I am a hospice nurse, not full time since moving into tech in 2016, but I still am active and keep up with shifts at the clinics.

I am motivated by today’s last shift at the clinic. Why? Because now I have more time to help out open source communities.

But, today was bittersweet. I was given my “retirement party” at Sutter. It marked my 25th year working for them, and my very last. They surprised me after my exit interview with a party that had a video from about 100 patient’s families I have helped over the years. All saying such nice words, tears flowed from every face in that staff room….

The video also had some of my career highlights…

I have been at 219 births, assisted with 375 surgeries, called 1236 deaths, been with 824 people while they actively moved to another realm (probably holding their hand), filed workmen’s comp twice for a broken butt and once for a slipped disk, rage quit 4 times (once writing my notice on an adult diaper), trained over 350 CNAs (certified nurse assistants), and wrote a Drupal App for admitting patients in the field.

I am feeling very accomplished. My favorite stat was the broken butt bit…

5 Likes

WOW, @volkswagenchick, what a legacy of care and support. :sparklesob:

Congratulations on 25 years and literally thousands of lives made better. :heart: You’re an inspiration.

Tara

4 Likes

Amy, that is incredible. Thanks for your herculean efforts to make the world a better place <3 <3 <3

4 Likes

Late here, but had to weigh in on this thread because there is so much good to celebrate & acknowledge! :heart_decoration:

:birthday: Happy Anniversary Pantheon Heroes! We are so thankful for each & every one of you! And for you @katie.richards —always making sure these wonderful people get the recognition they deserve!

:syringe: :tada: :hearts: @volkswagenchick WOW, just WOW! I am seriously at an awe for words right now. Thank you for your selfless service! It truly takes a special person to work in Hospice. You have such an amazing heart all the way around, and I am truly thankful I have gotten to know you. Thank you for being there for those people during their most trying time!

:drupal: @sparklingrobots you are your DrupalCon planning super-powers are par none! Sending all the brain power your way!

:man_teacher: @JohnRichardsII hope you had an awesome vacation last week! Just sending some encouragement your way :slight_smile: If there is one person at Pantheon I would like to be stuck working on training materials with, it would most certainly be you!

Now on to my week, hmmm where do I begin…

:mask: :face_with_thermometer: I was out nearly half of the week battling some nasty sinus infection and some other things. Still not feeling 100% great but definitely better!

:trophy: Our very first, customer awards launched yesterday! If you’re a Pantheon customer or partner agency—definitely register for our 2021 Pantheon Lightning Awards! For sharing your success story, we will be giving away some really awesome swag boxes, custom trophies, press releases, etc. It’s worth the time, trust me!

:dog: On a personal note, I am looking forward to puppy sitting this weekend! I will have Mia–aka Patty Cakes with me all weekend while her family heads out of town to visit family. Don’t worry, I will be sharing a lot of photos!

That’s all —everyone have a fabulous rest of your week! :heart:

2 Likes

Happy Friday everyone, late to the game as ever because of a very busy week. But, our site is very close to launching so I’m looking forward to taking a week off after launch to recoup and rejuvenate! :beach_umbrella:

Upcoming, looking forward to celebrating my son’s and my wife’s birthdays this coming week - cakes are being planned! Pokemon for him, carrot cake for her. :slight_smile: :cake:

@volkswagenchick - congrats on your 25 years, what an amazing accomplishment with your commitment to so much love and support.

Ok, back to the grindstone for me, we can do this little engine… :train:

4 Likes

Awww sending a very happy birthday to both your wife & kiddo! Either :cake: sounds like a it to me!

Congrats on the site launch!! :clap: I am sure that break is most definitely deserved!

2 Likes