Work Out Loud: March 14-18

Hi everyone! :wave: I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and is having a great week so far. :raised_hands:

This Week’s Featured Tweet:

Mitchell Hashimoto, Founder of HashiCorp, recently outlined their process for learning and contributing to complex open source projects, which I found super thorough and will undoubtedly be helpful to those newer in the open source space. How do you approach open source projects for the first time? Do you have any contribution tips? Share them below in the comments!

Now, let’s get right to it! For those of you who are new here: Work Out Loud is a weekly opportunity to share what we’re working on, who we’re meeting with, and what we’re doing in our free time. There are no rules here—share whatever you’d like!

Welcome New Members!
Welcome to our newest community members: @elicodecov, @daceej, @EricAtNRD, @webtrills, @MalikAsif, @michel32r45, and @bhaor3245. We’re so excited to have you here! You’re cordially invited to participate in our Work Out Loud thread, this week and every week. :grinning: Let us know where in the world you are! :world_map:

This Week, I Am…
:bulb: Rethinking some of our existing programs, starting with our weekly WebOps Wednesday AMAs! So, if there’s an online space/channel that you’d like Pantheon to use, e.g., Twitter Spaces, let me know! I’m still in the beginning stages of this but am hoping to restart the AMAs in the next month or so…which means I’m also seeking guests to lead the sessions. If you want to lead an upcoming AMA session, please let me know! Feel free to DM me or email me at vee.vopham@pantheon.io.

:broom: Continuing to clean up our community spaces and am going to focus my efforts on diversity and inclusion (D&I) this week. If you have any community D&I best practices or resources to share, I’m all ears.

What I am Most Excited About…
​​😴 As boring as it sounds, I’m excited to rest and prioritize self-care this upcoming week. I’ve been traveling more than usual the past couple of weeks, so I’m looking forward to staying home and playing with Finn (my dog). Plus, I have more travel coming soon (going to Pittsburgh next month to see my mom/family and potentially DrupalCon?!).

Your turn! See below for a few questions to get you started. :point_down:

• What are you working on this week?
  • Do you have any recent big wins you want to share?
  • What are you learning and/or reading right now?
  • Is there anything our community can help you with?

This week, I’m nominating @aaustin, @rmckinney, @haveboard, @rowansays, and @TiannaS (but really, anyone can participate!) to share! Feel free to chime in by clicking “Reply” below, and then, nominate others. :open_hands: