Pantheon Community

Work Out Loud: March 1-7, 2021

Welcome to this week’s Work Out Loud thread! Work Out Loud is a weekly opportunity to share what we’re working on, who we’re meeting with, and what we’re doing in our free time.

Welcome!
Welcome to our newest community members: @kevinmoore, @Elizabeth, @plasmageek, @shaun and @frankstallone ! You’re cordially invited to participate in our Work Out Loud thread, this week and every week. :smiley: Let us know where in the world you are, and what brings you to the Pantheon community.

This week, I am…
:boot: Co-leading a Platform Bootcamp for new hires, alongside @dgorton !
:studio_microphone: Co-leading a training for marginalized folks who want to speak at WordPress events! With @volkswagenchick !
:books: Researching ways of measuring a healthy collaborative culture.
:trophy: Nominating people for the Aaron Winborn Awards

De/Motivated by:
It’s March…again? Has it ever not been March?

But it’s also getting spring-y here. And it’s exciting to see the vaccines rolling out.

Good reads

Your turn! Here are a few questions to get you started:

• What are you working on this week?
  • What is motivating (or demotivating) you this week?
  • What are you learning?
  • Any good videos/podcasts/articles you can recommend?
  • What gives you energy at work?

I nominate @katie.richards, @CodeChefMarc, @McKennaR & @JohnRichardsII !

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing @sparklingrobots :heart: I agree, it’s mind boggling that it is already March! Where does the time go?

Welcome new community members–we are super excited to have you here! :wave:

This week I am…
:trophy: Working on tying up some loose ends for the launch of our very first customer awards! Open to all Pantheon customers, these awards recognize WebOps leaders using the Pantheon Platform to deliver impactful web experiences. Be the first to know when submissions open.Sign up to receive the latest news & updates!
:dog: Dropping Woody [my 9 week old foster puppy] off to his forever home this weekend! Photo of my precious boy below :slight_smile:
:yellow_heart: Selecting our Community Champion of the Month for March! Interested in learning more about what it takes to become a Community Champion & all the perks that come with it? Read all about it here !

This Week I am Motivated By…
:oncoming_automobile: The upcoming road trip with my mom this weekend! Sad to pass off Woody but excited to spend quality time with her! Battling Stage 4 COPD during a world pandemic has definitely made it hard for me to spend time with her in general, so this will be fun!
:trophy: All of the amazing people who have offered to help make our award extra special - you know how you are! THANK YOU!

I nominate @amykhailova @volkswagenchick @peder @jdleonard to share what they are working on this week!

1 Like

I’m lagging behind a bit this week but it has totally been A Week around these parts. Work is great (challenging and busy, just how I like it) but offline stuff has taken priority as we sort through end of life decisions for a family pet. We’ve been focused on snuggling and as many scratches as he wants!

(Nose boop!)

This week I am…
:white_check_mark: Putting the finishing touches on our annual Pantheon Heroes program survey that will be sent out to our advocates on Friday
:email: Writing emails for a multi-step campaign that will launch in about a month
:woman_teacher: Working on some new recurring tasks to make our Live Workshop landing pages as effective and useful as possible

This week I am reading…

1 Like

omg please give him some nose boops from me. What a sweet sweet little ginger cat. :sob: :heart:

Happy March everyone! I’m very glad to hear the vaccine news this past week, so that’s been keeping me motivated.

@McKennaR - I’m not a dog person but Woody is adorable!!

This week:

1. Building my own mega-menu using Layout builder - it’s a technique I’ve never done before and so far it appears to be working well! :department_store:

2. At home, playing through the Myst games again in order and finding them very comforting as they are my favorite kind of games. :national_park:

Currently reading Burnout: The Secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle which is really well done (so far) and is part of my first book club. I’ve never been in one before! :bookmark:

2 Likes

I love the Myst games! Replaying seems like a great idea.

Burnout sounds fascinating, too!

1 Like

Thanks for the nomination @sparklingrobots
Wow! March is already flying by. I took yesterday off work/tech to recuperate from my second COVID shot. (I am still an active nurse)…Felt good to just chill, I admit I did check Slack, but didn’t really action anything.

This week at work:

1. Spending some time “at” AxeCon to learn some new accessibility thingz and stufz.
  2. Helping with MidCamp which is fast approaching!! I am organizing Contrib Day and some workshops.
  3. Prepping a new talk for NERDSummit - Accessible Social Media… I have lead a BoF discussion around the topic, but don’t have any formal slides.

I have been reading “What She Left Behind” by Ellen Marie Wiseman… this is my 4th book in a row that I have read by this author. Some historical fiction, some intrigue, very well written novels.

My kitty Spot has started to cruise round the house, but still retreats to the closet when someone looks his direction… baby steps.

And for pics of ole Spotty McSpots Alot, alas, I never get the camera out intime!!

1 Like