Work Out Loud: June 27–July 1—Come Share What You’re Working on This Week! 🕺

Hi all! :wave: I hope everyone is having a great week so far!

This Week’s Featured Tweet:

Want to start contributing to the open source community? Check out the above tweet for some advice and places to get started!

Now, let’s get right to it! For those of you who are new here: Work Out Loud is a weekly opportunity to share what we’re working on, who we’re meeting with, and what we’re doing in our free time. There are no rules here—share whatever you’d like!

Welcome New Members!
Welcome to our newest community members: @Rob, @AEK, @tcw026, @madeofpeople, and @HashInterrobang. We’re so excited to have you here! You’re cordially invited to participate in our Work Out Loud thread, this week and every week. :grinning: Let us know where in the world you are! :world_map:

This Week, I Am…
:rainbow: In addition to catching up on other projects and tasks, I’m busy finalizing things for the last week of Pride at Pantheon! If you’re involved in any Pride activities this month, you can still add them to our forum open thread!

Our end-of-month virtual Pride community celebration is THIS Wednesday, June 29 from 3-5pm ET/12-2pm PT. Come celebrate Pride Pantheon style with an inclusivity training with Amanda Cole of Plexus LGBT + Allied Chamber of Commerce, drag bingo and a costume contest with Pollo Del Mar, and a DJ’d Pride social hour. Interested in joining this event? Email me at vee.vopham@pantheon.io to be added to the calendar invite!

What I am Most Excited About…
:magic_wand: I’m excited for work on our new community and Heroes web pages to continue! Our wonderful Design Team has already created some new digital assets for us, which look great. It’ll be awesome to get our community website updated to match our new magician archetype branding!

Your turn! See below for a few questions to get you started, and feel free to share as little or as much as you’d like. :point_down:

• What are you working on this week?
  • Do you have any recent big wins you want to share?
  • What are you learning and/or reading right now?
  • Is there anything our community can help you with?

This week, I’m nominating @Sourav, @arpithparikh, @nflowers1228, @david_sparks, and @MorganM (but really, anyone can participate!) to share! Feel free to chime in by clicking “Reply” below, and then, nominate others. :open_hands:

Wow - the world feels like a very heavy place right now.

What are you working on this week?
Gearing up for Drupal Camp Asheville, finalizing details and finishing up a personal session. The Talking Drupal folks asked me back on the show, so we’ll be recording an episode tomorrow where I’ll talk about Opensource.com.
I have been polishing up a writer’s workshop, much like the speaker workshop, and am ready to start introducing it to the wider community. Very excited to help folks be confident to write (hopefully for opensource.com)

Do you have any recent big wins you want to share?
Presented last week at my first Linux event, seems to go well and had good interactions afterward.
My cat SpottyMcSpotsAlot (Spot for short) is finally coming up on the bed and sleeping with us after nearly a year!! So excited to have him be comfty enough to lounge around with us.

What are you learning and/or reading right now?
Our household went to a plant based diet (strict) so I have been looking at some Indian vegan cook books and learning how to use new spices.

1 Like

Yes, 100%. It’s a tough time, + a lot of people I know are just trying to process everything. I’m feeling fairly pessimistic given the state of affairs in the US… :disappointed_relieved:

Oooh, yeah right, DrupalCamp Asheville is coming up! Yay, + I know @NineLivesBlackCat + @JohnRichardsII from our team will also be there. :slight_smile: Re: your Talking Drupal ep, plz feel free to share the ep once it’s up. I can share it with our Social team, so we can make sure to amplify it from our end.

And congrats on presenting last week at the Linux Summit! I know you didn’t know anyone there beforehand…Were you able to make some new connections? I don’t think any Pantheors were in attendance either.

I’m also trying to restrict my diet + be more plant-based. A goal is to eventually be 100% vegan. I don’t really eat meat to begin with… just hard to go without dairy cheese (one of my guilty pleasures) + the occasional seafood. But I’m learning that a lot of cashew-based cheeses are very good! I made vegan burgers earlier this week + roasted some sunchokes vs. eating french fries (to be a little healthier lol).

1 Like