Pantheon Community

Work Out Loud: June 21-27, 2020

Welcome to this week’s Work Out Loud thread! Work Out Loud is a weekly opportunity to share what we’re working on, who we’re meeting with, and what we’re doing in our free time. I took a break from posting these but I’m back.

Welcome!
Welcome to our newest community members: @shamus75, @nflowers1228, @chmorse, @Badrul & @WilburEC! You’re cordially invited to participate in our Work Out Loud thread, this week and every week. :smiley: Let us know where in the world you are, and what brings you to the Pantheon community.

This week, I am…
:pen: Stilllll working on Q3 goals
:open_book: Still reading No Hard Feelings: The Secret Power of Embracing Emotions At Work – getting lots of good ideas
:wrench: Fixing our broken slackbot integration.

Motivated by…
:heart_decoration: My fantastic teammates @katie.richards & @McKennaR !
:rainbow_flag: An amazing presentation @KatieMac organized about Gilbert Baker & the origins of the Pride flag.

Your turn! Here are a few questions to get you started:

• What are your most important habits, and why?
  • Who makes your life easier, better or more fun?
  • What are you working on this week?
  • What is motivating (or demotivating) you this week?
  • Any good videos/podcasts/articles you can recommend?
  • What small victories have you had lately?

I nominate @katie.richards, @CodeChefMarc, @dinarcon , @JohnRichardsII, & @volkswagenchick!

Happy Monday, y’all!
Tara

1 Like

Somehow it is already Wednesday?! Where is the week going?!

This week I am…
:o: Working with Pantheon’s DevRel team to plan a series of continuous integration learning opportunities for Heroes
:pen: Filling out copious amounts of paperwork, contracts, vendor payment forms

Motivated by…
:fries: Sharing the love right back to @sparklingrobots and @McKennaR. I feel so fortunate that we get to work together!
:rainbow_flag: + :framed_picture: The amazing team at Pantheon that has planned all sorts of fun activities throughout the month of June for Pride has planned a LGBTQ+ art tour of the Met this afternoon and I am so excited!

Envious of…
:flamingo: My 6 year old, who is attending day camp at our local zoo this week. He got to feed flamingos this morning, which seems WAY more exciting than anything I’ve ever gotten to do as an adult

3 Likes

Thanks for the nomination!!

This week I am getting back into things slowly after a week off…

I am helping onboard a co-worker at Kanopi to start contributing back to the Drupal community!! That will be loads of fun.

I present an a11y talk at “London” WP this week… it will be nice to meet some new peeps from across the globe.

I am reading some cookbooks for some new ideas, since I am still not quite ready to eat out all the time, and my go-tos are getting pretty boring!

2 Likes

Hey everyone! :wave:t5:

Special welcome to all of our wonderful new community members! Excited to get to know y’all!

This week I am…

:memo: I am announcing some really cool features we have turned on for everyone in our community – more to come soon!

:woman_teacher:t5: Working on learning all I can about the HigherEd space. Our goal is to create a more inclusive experience for those who work in the EDU space in general. If you’re open to chatting, shoot me a DM on Slack or here!

:adhesive_bandage: On a more personal note, I have a lot going on right now. Will gladly take all of your warm thoughts, comments and prayers for my family & I at this time.

I am looking forward to…

:firecracker: 4th of July weekend! I am still hoping we will get to escape to Austin, TX to spend it with my sister & her husband in their new home :crossed_fingers:t5:

:cold_face: Cooler temps in AZ! And by cooler I mean 106 instead of 118/120 last week. So I am planning on doing some night kayaking as much as I can before the temp goes back up!

With so many awesome things to share, I am nominating @Tara @ultimike @VickyTM @webidextrous @samxu @joelyoder to share what they are working on this week or what they are most excited about taking part of this summer! :clap:t5:

2 Likes

@McKennaR, sending positive and warm thoughts your way, I hope things get better for you. In terms of higher Ed, I used to work at a community college doing web stuff but also other tech-y things too. I haven’t worked there in about 6 years, but would be happy to chat about my experiences if you’d like. I’m free on Slack or whatever works.

This week has gone by super fast! I can’t believe it. But, going well - basically just starting in on a new Drupal 9 build that is going well and incorporating some new CSS tricks I’ve learned recently.

At home, watching Loki and very much enjoying it. Also I tried my first pan dulce and it’s right up my alley in terms of not being too sweet. Perfect with a cup of good coffee!

2 Likes

I am not sure how I missed this–but thank you for the warm & positive thoughts! Still waiting for the final PetScan :heart:

:arrow_up: That’s fantastic! With the holidays just around the corner, I will likely wait til next week to chat with you 1:1. To give you some extra context, we know there are some strict limitations in the HigherEd space [i.e. staff are unable to accept gifts, etc.] We know a lot of people are unable to “officially” join our Heroes Program because of some of those limitations. So one of my goals is to better understand those limitations so we can create a more inviting space here for those people in our community. What kind of programs are they part of, meetups, etc. Just learn all I can!

Anyways that is a quick intro but I am definitely looking forward to chatting next week. Hope you have a wonderful 4th with your family & friends :fireworks: