Pantheon Community

Work Out Loud: June 14-19, 2021

Welcome to this week’s Work Out Loud thread! Work Out Loud is a weekly opportunity to share what we’re working on, who we’re meeting with, and what we’re doing in our free time. I took a break from posting these but I’m back.

Welcome!
Welcome to our newest community members! You’re cordially invited to participate in our Work Out Loud thread, this week and every week. :smiley: Let us know where in the world you are, and what brings you to the Pantheon community.

This week, I am…
:pen: Planning our Q3 goals
:open_book: Reading No Hard Feelings: The Secret Power of Embracing Emotions At Work (recommended by the fab @fatima.khalid)
:white_check_mark: Taking the StackOverflow Developer Survey

Most Useful Habits
I’ve been using Habitica for the last several months and it’s been helping me adjust and fine tune my daily habits. Do you have favorite tools for helping you with your habits and goals?

Your turn! Here are a few questions to get you started:

• What are your most important habits, and why?
  • Who makes your life easier, better or more fun?
  • What are you working on this week?
  • What is motivating (or demotivating) you this week?
  • Any good videos/podcasts/articles you can recommend?
  • What small victories have you had lately?

I nominate @katie.richards, @CodeChefMarc, @dinarcon , @JohnRichardsII (am I remembering right that you are a Habitica user?), & @volkswagenchick!

Happy Monday, y’all!
Tara

1 Like

Wooohoo I love this thread! For so many reasons, but especially accountability. :clap:

This week, I am…

:school: I am doing some research on higher ed & advocacy programs. If you work in the higher ed space or are a member of an existing higher ed meetup, shoot me a message! I would love to get your thoughts!

:yellow_heart: Announcing our Community Champion of the Month for June!

:microscope: :syringe: On a more personal note, I am taking my mom in for a CT scan of her lung this Thursday. The doctors found something alarming, so praying that goes well!

Who makes your life easier, better or more fun?

:dog: Those of you who know me know too well my pup Chubs is my sidekick–attending all meetings and of course making everyone smile. She brings me a lot of joy!

:camping: :hiking_boot: :airplane: While this isn’t a matter of who but what brings me joy–travel is the answer! 2020 was super weird for me. Growing up in airports [quite literally], I was used to traveling somewhere all the time. 2020 challenged me to find joy in other things, and while that was a great learning experience I am SO READY to see the world again! Anyone going anywhere fun this summer?!

I nominate @amykhailova @bjr @carlalberto @david.needham @edwardangert @frankstallone to share what they are cooking up this week! :clap:

1 Like

This week I am
Going to plan more home upgrades and perhaps order some materials.
Work in the garden
Read some work and non-work related books
Lots of client work as usual and help out my team whenever I can.

3 Likes

How I’ve missed this thread over the last few weeks!

This week, I am…
:superhero: Onboarding several new Heroes into the program (welcome @gremy, @nichol, @markie, and @adams.jamie!) to make sure they have all the tools they need to do the most good out there on the web
:open_book: Reading through my backlog of blog posts and articles that have been hiding in a Chrome group for far too long! Among them are Dries’ State of Drupal post from April, The GitHub Good Day Project, and this post about the rise of micro-communities.

Top of my mind currently…
:beach_umbrella: It’s SUMMER and my kids have been begging to take a trip somewhere. I’m hoping to pull off a day trip to the beach soon! I live in Michigan where the beaches are plentiful and gorgeous. It’s not too hard to find a good one.

Have a great week, y’all!

2 Likes

Wooohooo! Another plant enthusiast! I cant’t seem to keep any plant alive but I know @StephGarcia @katie.richards & @sparklingrobots speak your language! :eggplant: :tomato:

1 Like

Yay!! Welcome @gremy @nichol @markie & @adams.jamie :clap: :clap: We are so excited to have you!

I would love to hear more about how you stumbled across Pantheon & what you are most excited about being part of our Heroes Program (if you want to share of course!).

1 Like

Hello my name is Jamie Adams. I got started into the development world a little over six years ago after getting laid off from my job as a underground coal miner. I started working for a start up company in Eastern Ky (Bit Source). Pantheon was the first hosting platform that we used and I have enjoyed it ever since I started. I have used several platforms and this is by far the best and most efficient. I am proud to be part of the Hero’s Program and can’t wait to be able to start contributing to the community.

4 Likes

Wow, that is such an amazing story, thank you for sharing Jamie! :slight_smile: Isn’t it funny how the universe works out? While many could look at being laid off as a negative experience, it opened up a whole new career path for you! And that is super exciting to say the least! I also had a very similar experience, except I landed in marketing not development & never looked back. I have been working in the community marketing space now for nearly 5 years. Man, how time flies!

We are equally just as excited to have you here in our community & of course as one of our beloved Heroes. Cannot wait to collaborate & work with you Jamie! :clap:

1 Like

Howdy folks! I missed this thread too, so glad to be participating again. This week has been all over the map in terms of projects - some eCommerce related, but the more fun ones were related to a new internal framework we’re working on.

My goal was to create a spin-up script that sort of does all-the-things we normally do when spinning up a site on Pantheon - Composer stuff, installing custom modules, custom themes, custom config, development stuff, etc. Initially I thought the script was going to be like 20 lines and done, but it’s now a whole suite of scripts that are all really long but it’s really customizable!

At home, we saw the first ep of Loki and really enjoyed it, reading Golden Compass, and we played a Ghostbusters board game that was surprisingly good. So, all good things!

Have a good rest of the week everyone!

2 Likes

Hello!! Thanks for the nomination @sparklingrobots
I actually was out on vacation!! We spent 7 days in Colorado, mostly Denver and Boulder.

Hiking in Rocky mountains, the Denver Zoo, Zip Lining (went over 60 mph and 300+ feet up!!!), and general vacation fun!! NO TECH beyond GOOGLE maps and texting!

[Uploading: IMG_7875.JPG…](Bear Lake in the Rockies)
[Uploading: IMG_7997.JPG…](Flowers in the Rockies)

2 Likes

HHmmm - my images didnt load maybe?

1 Like

Ohhhh my gosh that sounds MAGICAL!!! I am dying to see these photos! :clap:t5: I am an adrenaline junkie myself, so that sounds super fun! I might have to add that to my travel bucket list!

1 Like