Work Out Loud: June 13-17

Hi all! :wave: I hope everyone is having a great start to their week!

This Week’s Featured Tweet:

:rainbow_flag: Want to contribute to LGBTQIA+ open source projects for Pride 2022? See the above tweet for a good place to start! :transgender_flag:

Now, let’s get right to it! For those of you who are new here: Work Out Loud is a weekly opportunity to share what we’re working on, who we’re meeting with, and what we’re doing in our free time. There are no rules here—share whatever you’d like!

Welcome New Members!
Welcome to our newest community members: @mherchel, @kevinti, @Michelle, and @yavuz. We’re so excited to have you here! You’re cordially invited to participate in our Work Out Loud thread, this week and every week. :grinning: Let us know where in the world you are! :world_map:

This Week, I Am…
:rainbow: Busy with all things Pride at Pantheon! Reminder to add in any Pride activities you’re involved in in our forum open thread!

With Pride Month in full swing, we’re excited to invite you to two events we’ve organized for Pride:

• Join our virtual Out in Open Source panel discussion with the Drupal Diversity Inclusion Initiative and WordPress Diversity on Wednesday, June 22 at 7-9pm ET/4-6pm PT. In this panel, you’ll hear LGBTQIA+ leaders in the open source community talk about their experiences being out and why LGBTQIA+ representation in open source matters. Register now for free, and submit your questions on Slido or by tweeting them with the #OutInOpenSource hashtag.
  • We also have a virtual Pride community celebration on Wednesday, June 29 from 3-5pm ET/12-2pm PT. Come celebrate Pride Pantheon style with an inclusivity training with Amanda Cole of Plexus LGBT + Allied Chamber of Commerce, drag bingo and a costume contest with Pollo Del Mar, and a DJ’d Pride social hour. Interested in joining this event? Email me at vee.vopham@pantheon.io to be added to the calendar invite!

What I am Most Excited About…
:fist: Carving out some time for education + activism later this week, thanks to Pantheon giving its staff off for Juneteenth! :pray:

Your turn! See below for a few questions to get you started, and feel free to share as little or as much as you’d like. :point_down:

• What are you working on this week?
  • Do you have any recent big wins you want to share?
  • What are you learning and/or reading right now?
  • Is there anything our community can help you with?

This week, I’m nominating @testevez, @bailey, @cobadger, @hubbardr, @bburch2000, @aliensun (but really, anyone can participate!) to share! Feel free to chime in by clicking “Reply” below, and then, nominate others. :open_hands:

Welcome @mherchel, @kevinti, @Michelle, and @yavuz

What are you working on this week?
Getting ready to present next week at my first Linux event!! I am not nervous about presenting as much as I am about not knowing anyone!! There are a few fellow Red Hatters attending, but my team is really only Red Hat adjacent.

Do you have any recent big wins you want to share?
My eldest son got a job in IT!!! His first tech job, so super excited for him.

What are you learning and/or reading right now?
I am just starting to read " Godless for God’s Sake - Nontheism in Contemporary Quakerism"

Have a good weekend everyone!

1 Like

Love everything about this!!! Good luck presenting your session next week. You’ll def rock it! And oh my gosh, congrats to your son on getting his first tech job!!! :clap: :clap: Super exciting.

1 Like