Pantheon Community

Work Out Loud: July 26-30

Welcome to this week’s Work Out Loud thread! Work Out Loud is a weekly opportunity to share what we’re working on, who we’re meeting with, and what we’re doing in our free time!. :clap:t5:

Welcome!
Welcome to our newest community members: @ahughes @1xSlot @mary @jamesrice @Laura @zkeller @plamb @fortafy @ekonya @akucharski @Luukyb @snachom @hroszel @ecaron @ulfat @NathanJohnson @nipatel :partying_face: You’re cordially invited to participate in our Work Out Loud thread, this week and every week. :smiley: Let us know where in the world you are! :point_down:t5:

This week, I am…
:house: :oncoming_automobile: :Planning my trip to Austin! Relocating my mom due to health concerns. Going to miss her ton, but know it’s best for her. If anyone is in Austin & who feels comfortable enough to meet up drop me a Slack DM! Always love to meet new community members :slight_smile:
:school_satchel: : Working on HigherEd & Community – this has been slow moving but we are indeed making strides. If you are part of the HigherEd space & want to chat about what kind of communities you are part of, what pain points and/or benefits you get from being in those communities drop me a DM! @CodeChefMarc I didm’t forget about you–planning on finding us time to chat soon when things slow down! Thanks again for offering to chat!

Motivated by:
All of YOU! :heavy_heart_exclamation: Since @sparklingrobots announced she was leaving Pantheon last week, I have gotten the nicest messages from you all. And they have truly made this transition a lot easier.

Your turn! Here are a few questions to get you started:

• What are you working on this week?
  • What is motivating (or demotivating) you this week?
  • What are you learning? What would you like to learn?
  • Any good videos/podcasts/articles you can recommend?
  • Any upcoming travel plans you are super excited to share?

I nominate @JohnRichardsII @fatima.khalid @zkeller @joelyoder @samxu @webidextrous @TiannaS @FreMun to share what you’re working on! :clap:t5:

1 Like

Actually responding in the beginning of the week for once! I always get to these too late. :laughing:

Working on: A new site build - this one has a really neat design that is challenging me in some respects - doing some new CSS / JS stuff to pull off the new design elements. :art:

Motivating me - my team is awesome and we communicate so well. We’ve recently starting doing daily stand-ups and while I didn’t want “yet another meeting”, the stand-ups are actually really helpful and we keep them short. Win! :man_superhero:

At home, I’ve gotten back into LEGO’s again. The latest set is their vintage typewriter that is one of the more involved builds I’ve done. Very fun to build while listening to good music! :brick:

Hope everyone has a great week!

1 Like

I have to start by saying that lego vintage typewriter is AMAZING! I just sat and looked at it for 15 minutes, trying to convince myself that it was indeed legos --it looks so real! :keyboard: What other favorite builds have you done? I know @katie.richards & her family are also huge lego fans!!

Also have to chirp in on the daily team stand-ups! :clap:t5: I am so glad they were a pleasant change in your workflow. We also do them here at Pantheon [at least on our Community team]. We created a Slackbot reminder that goes off daily at 9am PST where we share what we are working on that day & any roadblocks/help needed. It works like a charm! :gem: Took a tad to adjust to but now I rely on it to help keep me focused & of course tap in to help my team when I can!

1 Like

I have the typewriter on my wishlist! It’s such an intricately detailed set and looks like a super fun build.
We just pulled our Lego collection out of storage after a long home renovation and discovered we had nearly 50 sets of various sizes from the last few years to put together. Someday when life calms down (hahaha!), I hope to get back into building too.

2 Likes

Going to the mall with you in Minneapolis & randomly feeling through those mystery lego packages is still one of my favorite memories as silly as it sounds :slight_smile: Kind of felt like Santa Claus for a second haha

Right?! Yeah, Lego has really done an amazing job at these newer more complex sets meant for experienced builders. Ha, they realized that they can go after the adults who grew up with Legos as children! My favorite builds so far have been the Treehouse and the Bond Astin Marin which has all these cool hidden Bond gadgets. Now, if I could just find the time to put them together!

1 Like