Pantheon Community

Work Out Loud: January 4-10, 2021

Welcome to the first Work Out Loud thread of the year. Work Out Loud is a weekly opportunity to share what we’re working on, who we’re meeting with, and what we’re doing in our free time.

Welcome!
Welcome to our newest community members: @himanshu_sindhwani, @jdleonard, @nguyendanga, @erutan, @grambeau, @james.williams, @sviebrock, @jurgen, @rositis, @Borishko, @forhad38, @paulmckibben, @slurve, @ronouk, @Avi123, @juwel, @ndelaney, @jacqui, and @jpro! Thank you for joining our community! You’re cordially invited to participate in our Work Out Loud thread. :smiley: Let us know where in the world you are!

Each week we share some of what we are working on, learning or otherwise dealing with.

This week, I am…
:open_book: Catching up after being out of office for a couple weeks.
:writing_hand:Writing a blog post about an amazing Pantheon story from 2020 – more details soon!
:gift: Tallying all the amazing contributions from the Gift of Open Source.

Motivated by
:white_check_mark: That feeling of a short to-do list.

Vacation Highlights
I got two new games over the break and can’t wait to try them both:
:ballot_box: The Vote: Suffrage & Suppression in America
:dagger: Blades in the Dark

Your turn! Here are a few questions to get you started:

• What are you working on this week?
  • What is motivating (or demotivating) you this week?
  • What are you learning?
  • Any good videos/podcasts/articles you can recommend?
  • What highlights do you have from your break time?

Bonus new year-themed question: What’s one thing you can do now that you couldn’t at the start of 2020? For me, it’s playing guitar. :guitar:

I nominate @dgorton, @amyjune, @McKennaR, @dashifen & @JohnRichardsII!

3 Likes

Simple and easy. This week I’m working on remembering what it is I do for a living after two weeks off. :wink:

While my brain may have atrophied some, I DO know that one of the things I’m looking for are stories from our community of 2020 successes. It was a hard year for many (most? all?) of us, but there were bright moments too (check out https://pantheon.io/companies-using-webops) for some uplifting examples.

So:

1. I am looking for 2020 success stories - please let me know if you have any to share!
  2. I am digging out the inbox and slack notifications
  3. I am wishing all of you the best in 2021. :sparkling_heart:

That’s my week. How about yours?

3 Likes

Woohoo first work out loud thread of 2021! :fireworks:

This week, I am…
:writing_hand:Working with @omar.muhyar to get a post-event blog out there highlighting all of the amazing things our community has done for the Gift of Open Source!
:gift: Looking over all of the amazing contributions that came in for the Gift of Open Source

Motivated by
:star2: 2021! I love the feeling of starting on a clean slate. I have some super ambitious professional & personal things I am looking forward to accomplishing this year!

Holiday Highlights
:rowing_woman: I got a KAYAK for Christmas and I am so STOKED to take it out!
:dog: :dog: I brought home two super sweet Australian Shepard puppies names Patty & Woody!They will be up for adoption mid-Feb. See photos below!
:oncoming_automobile: Santa also brought me a roof rack so I am looking forward to putting that on my SUV this weekend!
:houses: Did some virtual home shopping–getting closer to the home of my dreams in Nashville!

I nominate @katy.gray & @david.needham to share!

4 Likes

Happy new year, thanks Tara for the nomination…

What are you working on this week?
Oh, gosh. Lots of stuff!!
Working on a new prezo, Accessibility is a Moving Target, for WordFest, learning some new stuff as I go. I have some hopes to get Florida DrupalCamp’s site up and running to have registrations and CFPS open. HEY~~ everyone FLDC will have CFPS open soon!!
Also working on getting some more inclusive language into Drupal… we are renaming the “Web Masters Queue” to Site Moderator… and so much comes with that, finding all the times the URL is listed on documentation pages, forums, etc. But love this project.

What is motivating (or demotivating) you this week?
Oh my. I am sugar-free this week, and all I can think about is COOKIES AND CANDY AND BEER.

What are you learning?
I am taking the IAAP certification this month, so lots of accessibility!

What’s one thing you can do now that you couldn’t at the start of 2020?
I can now make my own cauliflower pizza crust… so, so, yummy!!

4 Likes