Pantheon Community

Work Out Loud: January 25-31, 2021

Welcome to this week’s Work Out Loud thread! Work Out Loud is a weekly opportunity to share what we’re working on, who we’re meeting with, and what we’re doing in our free time.

Welcome!
Welcome to our newest community members: @tchabolla, @srunkowski, @DarkteK, @saps, @mecurran, @Scott, @kristi_w, @Wahedul.Islam & @netw3rker! You’re cordially invited to participate in our Work Out Loud thread, this week and every week. :smiley: Let us know where in the world you are!

This week, I am…
:star2: Continuing prep work on an inclusive leadership webinar collaboration with @monicadear
:studio_microphone: Working on my talk proposals for DrupalCon North America & Florica DrupalCamp. Anybody else putting something together?
:fountain_pen: Taking a class about how to write a novel! :sweat_smile:

Motivated by
Today is Community Manager Advancement Day! It’s reminding me how much I appreciate working with y’all here in our community, and how much I appreciate the community-mindedness of my DevRel peers: @katie.richards @McKennaR @dgorton @fatima.khalid @JohnRichardsII @mmlc and @david.needham!

I contributed a lil bit to the CMAD 2021 ebook about literally getting your hands dirty, so I’m going to take my own advice and make some bread later today. :slight_smile:

Your turn! Here are a few questions to get you started:

• What are you working on this week?
  • What is motivating (or demotivating) you this week?
  • What are you learning?
  • Any good videos/podcasts/articles you can recommend?

I nominate @caity.bishop, @justkristin, @katie.richards, @jfoust & @JohnRichardsII!

2 Likes

Welcome new community members, we are so excited to have you here! :wave:

This Week I am…
:trophy: Working on a really awesome customer event that I cannot wait to share more information about!
:running_woman: Starting training for the Virtual – Disney Princess Enchanted 10K! Thanks @sparklingrobots for the recommendation!
:medal_sports: Reaching out to our awesome Community Champion of the Month for January!
:dog: :dog: Cashing in on as many snuggles as possible between meetings/working sessions! For those who don’t know—I am fostering two 5 week old Australian Shepard pups!

What I am Looking Forward To…
:rainbow: Rain! Here in Arizona it doesn’t rain much, so I am enjoying the rainy week ahead with my windows cracked!
:open_book: I have been learning bits & pieces about the stock market–can’t wait for my book to come in so I can educate myself!

Echoing what Tara said! Happy Community Manager Advancement Day :clap: Tag someone you know who works/is a champion in the community space! I tag @volkswagenchick :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

Hooray for a new week! Thanks for the tag @sparklingrobots :grin:

I am working on…
:construction: Building some new sections of this forum to enhance our live training experience
:tada: A super secret Heroes related project to say thank you for their work over the last year
:writing_hand: Collaborating with our content team on ways to tell the really awesome success stories that we find in our community

I’m significantly distracted by…
:snowflake: We’re supposed to get a snow storm tonight that will hopefully leave us with several inches of new snow. I’m hoping for an excuse to call tomorrow a snow day and play with my kids

I am learning…
:money_with_wings: All about the refinance process for my house!

2 Likes

Hey guys, I’m happy to be here! I live in Seattle, and run a small agency where we do mostly Drupal, and a lil bit of Wordpress.

This week, I am…
:rocket: Launching another UC Berkeley site, the 3rd this month! https://statistics.berkeley.edu/ and https://bisp.berkeley.edu/ went live over the last couple weeks.
:memo: Doing some more writing for our new agency site that will be going live soon. So. Much. Writing. :sob:

Recent movies/TV
I’ve found myself consuming more media during this pandemic than usual… probably the same as everybody!
The Croods 2: Not my favorite movie, but I was cuddled up with my kids on the couch so that was nice… it’s almost impossible to pull them away from their tablets! Peter Dinklage’s character was awesome, and makes it worth the watch.
How It Ends: I was in the mood for an apocalyptic film, and this one partially takes place in Seattle where I live. Perfect!

2 Likes

What a week, and it’s only Monday!!
I enjoyed not touching my computer most of the weekend, personal and work!

This week…
Whew! A ton.

• Florida DrupalCamp is gearing up so lots of outreach for traditionally excluded speakers.

• Brainstorming for DrupalCon session topics

• SF Drupal User’s group is hosting a demo on the new Drupal Contrib workflow, so I’ll be hosting and learning at the same time!

• I have some client work through Kanopi to finish up, mostly some QA and an accessibility audit

Motivation…
The more I get done this week, the less I have todo next week, and I am hoping to start gearing up for MidCamp COntrib day planning…

So much contrib day planning in the next few months.

2 Likes

@Scott Wow! Three in one month! That’s awesome.

Good luck with the writing! It can be so hard. Happy to help if you ever need a second pair of eyes. :slight_smile:

I love the sound of the webinar! If I had any management role at all, I’d be there with bells on.

Where are you taking the novel writing class? I am working my way through some Masterclasses…

Welcome, all!

1 Like

Hi @Scott! Our family has a weekly family movie night on Sundays and Croods 2 is on our short list for the next event. I really enjoy Peter Dinklage’s work so that’s something for me to look forward to :grin:

@sparklingrobots Thank you for the offer to review the site, I’ll probably take you up on that when it’s live!

@katie.richards That sounds super fun! While watching the Croods, funny enough I was 100% sure that that character was Joe Manganiello.

1 Like

I’m taking this one: Write Your Novel! The Workshop With Jack | Writers.com

There’s no video content, mostly just brief written lectures followed with the assignment: Submit 3000 words, give feedback to your classmates. I need deadlines to move things forward, so it’s a great help there.

How are the Masterclasses? I’ve been very curious about those

I have enjoyed them, tho I do miss having a writing critique group…

1 Like