Work Out Loud: January 24-28

Hello! :wave: I hope everyone had a restful weekend and is having a great start to their week so far. Today is Community Manager Appreciation Day (CMAD), which takes place every fourth Monday of January and is a day to recognize and celebrate the efforts of community managers around the world. On this CMAD, I’d like to shoutout my Pantheon colleagues, @McKennaR, @katie.richards, @JohnRichardsII, @NineLivesBlackCat, @jose.castaneda, Sanchita Narula, and many others, that help advocate for, connect with, and lift up Pantheon’s community members each and every day. Thanks for all you do for our community—I love working with you all! :raised_hands:

Now, let’s get right into it…For those of you who are new here: Work Out Loud is a weekly opportunity to share what we’re working on, who we’re meeting with, and what we’re doing in our free time. There are no rules here—share whatever you’d like!

Welcome New Members!
Welcome to our newest community members: @zwilson, @vincent, @palmiak, @xinmei.design, and @ryank. We’re so excited to have you here! You’re cordially invited to participate in our Work Out Loud thread, this week and every week. :grinning: Let us know where in the world you are! :world_map:

This week, I am…
:writing_hand: Gearing up for our first 2022 WebOps Wednesday Ask Me Anything (AMA) thread, happening this Wednesday, January 26! Join us in our Community Forum to learn from Xinmei Tansey (@xinmei.design), visual designer and Masters of Interaction Design student at Harbour.Space. Come ask Xinmei anything about design (branding, marketing, visual, UI, and web) and her experience studying abroad.

:microscope: Continuing to look into specific community advocacy management system options and determining other ways we can improve our own community advocacy program (Pantheon’s Heroes Advocacy Program).

:robot: Carving out time to explore integrations around Slack and Discourse and making small tweaks that will hopefully improve your community experience!

What I am Most Excited About…
:handshake: I’m excited to continue to look at ways we can make our online community more inclusive and accessible. More to come!

:open_book: Reading! One of my 2022 goals is to read more. I’m almost done with Getting Acquired: How I Built and Sold My SaaS Startup by Andrew Gazdecki, and next up on my list is The Business of Belonging: How to Make Community your Competitive Advantage by David Spinks (as well as some fiction books I’m going to read for fun).

Your turn! See below for a few questions to get you started. :point_down:

• What are you working on this week?
  • Do you have any recent big wins you want to share?
  • What are you learning and/or reading right now?
  • Is there anything our community can help you with?
  • Do you have any upcoming travel plans you’re super excited to share?

This week, I’m nominating @susobhandev, @aries185, @jraborar, @lsullivan, and @mlaurel (but really, anyone can participate!) to share! Feel free to chime in by clicking “Reply” below, and then, nominate others. :open_hands:

:loudspeaker: P.S. Our Bolts n Bytes webcast is returning this week! The episode will drop on Thursday, January 27, so keep your eyes peeled for updates on our Forum, Slack, and social media to watch the episode. You’ll hear news and information about the Pantheon platform and about the Drupal and WordPress communities from our Developer Relations Team.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing @vee.vopham :heart:

This week I am working on…

• Updating outdated Community Resources. Spring cleaning anyone? :broom:

• Sharing some of the awesome takeaways from our annual community event, the Gift of Open Source! :clap:

• Working on adding some of the wonderful feedback we received from you all to our 2022 OKR planning :slight_smile: Really looking to deliver an excellent experience for you all!

On a personal note…

• :dog: Chubs has her surgery consult tomorrow. I am definitely nervous to hear what the orthopedic surgeon has to say. She is my baby, so I am definitely a little anxious!

• :books: I have really been into audio books recently! Especially around investing. I am a newbie in this area, so if anyone has any suggestions please feel free to share!

This week I am nominating @chrisluckhardt @lukus @dinarcon @katie.richards @hallienew to share!

1 Like

Love all of this! And hope Chubs’ surgery consult goes well tomorrow. :pray::heartpulse:

1 Like

Thanks so much friend, I appreciate it! :slight_smile:

1 Like