Work Out Loud: January 17-21

Hi Pantheon community members! :wave: I’m starting this week’s Work Out Loud thread a little late because we were off yesterday for Martin Luther King Jr. Day. I’m glad I had the extra day off to relax, recharge, and reflect, and hope you all had time to do the same over the weekend! I also continued to celebrate and spoil Finn over the weekend…see below for a pic of the little birthday cake I got him last week. :dog::birthday:

For those of you who are new here: Work Out Loud is a weekly opportunity to share what we’re working on, who we’re meeting with, and what we’re doing in our free time. There are no rules here—share whatever you’d like!

Welcome New Members!
Welcome to our newest community members: @wheublein, @PTaylor, @prh-mbroylesm, @jhonay, and @jayelless. We’re so excited to have you here! You’re cordially invited to participate in our Work Out Loud thread, this week and every week. :grinning: Let us know where in the world you are! :world_map:

This week, I am…
:writing_hand: Continuing to do prep work and gearing up for some of our community initiatives, starting with our WebOps Wednesday Ask Me Anything (AMA) threads, which will start back up next week! Join us here in our Forum next Wednesday, January 26 to learn from Xinmei Tansey, visual designer and Masters of Interaction Design student at Harbour.Space.

:broom: Working on cleaning up and optimizing our Community Slack and Forum channels, which starts with putting a plan/charter together with goals, next steps, etc.

:handshake: Thinking through ways to make our online community more inclusive and ensuring we have diversity and inclusion (D&I) built into our community strategy. I’m meeting with my colleague, @NineLivesBlackCat, this week to brainstorm and put together goals, a plan, and steps we’ll take to improve D&I in the community. More on this soon!

What I am Most Excited About…
:zap: I’m thrilled to be working with @McKennaR and others at Pantheon to plan the 2022 Pantheon Lightning Awards, our annual awards recognizing WebOps leaders for creating exceptional digital experiences that power the world’s best user experiences. More details on this will be coming to you in the next several months.

:sunny: It’s been fairly dreary in the Washington, DC area recently, and it even snowed here over the weekend, so I’m quite excited to soak up some sun later this week! I’ll be heading to Richmond, VA later this week just to get out of town so look forward to doing something outdoors, whether that entails hiking or reading a book outside.

Your turn! See below for a few questions to get you started. :point_down:

• What are you working on this week?
  • Do you have any recent big wins you want to share?
  • What are you learning right now?
  • Is there anything our community can help you with?
  • Do you have any upcoming travel plans you’re super excited to share?

This week, I’m nominating @Xristina11, @ajcowitt, @cwarren, @rhygin, and @lawson-ui (but really, anyone can participate!) to share! Feel free to chime in by clicking “Reply” below, and then, nominate others. :open_hands: