Work Out Loud: January 16-20—Come Share What You’re Getting Into This Week! 🔥

Hi all! :wave: Hope everyone’s having a great week so far!

This Week’s Featured Tweet:

If you love Pantheon, open source, and helping others, I encourage you to check out our Heroes Advocacy Program and consider applying! :superhero:

Now, let’s get right to it! For those of you who are new here: Work Out Loud is a weekly opportunity to share what we’re working on, who we’re meeting with, and what we’re doing in our free time. There are no rules here—share whatever you’d like!

Welcome New Members!
Welcome to our newest community members: @SendGroupSMS, @sportsgnews, @BarcodeMaker, @TradeLabelSoftware, @LukeBK, and @darby3. We’re so excited to have you here! You’re cordially invited to participate in our Work Out Loud thread, this week and every week. :grinning: Let us know where in the world you are! :world_map:

This Week, I Am…
:trophy: Still working on Pantheon’s 2022 Best in WebOps Awards! I’m currently in the process of adding submissions to the judging forms, scouting trophy vendors, and working on the social design request and prepping copy to announce winners next month. Please note: Submissions for the Best in WebOps Awards have closed. If you applied to the awards, you’ll be notified by February 2023 on the status of your submission.

:loudspeaker: Getting ready to announce our January 2023 Community Champion. Stay tuned for a forum announcement with more details on this month’s Community Champion!

What I am Most Excited About…
:croissant: I’m excited to catch up with a friend and go to one of my favorite bakeries in Charlottesville, VA later this week (MarieBette Café & Bakery)!

Your turn! See below for a few questions to get you started, and feel free to share as little or as much as you’d like. :point_down:

• What are you working on this week?
  • Do you have any recent big wins you want to share?
  • What are you learning and/or reading right now?
  • Is there anything our community can help you with?

This week, I’m nominating @firozkhanuk1214, @jasonemma, @jigama, @chris_sagetree, @mdrain, and @InGauge (but really, anyone can participate!) to share! Feel free to chime in by clicking “Reply” below, and then, nominate others. :open_hands:

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

This week I find myself knee deep in alligators… I mean trying to figure out how to incorporate vue.js and vue-router.js into a Drupal page. I had a vue-enabled interface working, but then I needed the browser’s back and forward buttons to step through the interface. That means manipulating the browser history which means using vue-router. This led to upgrading to vue 3 and so that I could use vue-router 4. Of course, vue 3 is not the same as vue 2. So… alligators.

And here is a fun fact: vue-router, used in HashHistory mode, has a conflict with JavaScript in Drupal Core. Fortunately, StackExchange sees all and knows all. See 8 - Changing hash throw: Uncaught Error: Syntax error, unrecognized expression - Drupal Answers

In an unrelated note, this weekend will be the Lunar New Year. 新年快樂!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, Aaron! You sure are keeping busy!! Hope upgrading to vue 3 wasn’t too time-intensive for you!

Also, happy Lunar New Year! :partying_face: