Work Out Loud 💡 - February 28- March 4th

Happy Monday friends! :wave:

Can you believe it’s almost March? I don’t know about you, but this pretty much sums up how I feel about that…

For those of you who are new here: Work Out Loud is a weekly opportunity to share what we’re working on, who we’re meeting with, and what we’re doing in our free time. There are no rules here—share whatever you’d like!

Big Welcome to our Newest Members! :partying_face:

Welcome to our newest community members: @Kaizen @lawman2112 @stevengfx @bilgionline @charm @benword @michebs! We are SO excited to have you here! You’re cordially invited to participate in our Work Out Loud thread, this week and every week. :grinning: Let us know where in the world you are! :world_map:

This week I am going to keep it short + sweet!

This Week I am Most Excited To…

:iphone: Chat with some of you! I had a handful of members reach out offering to chat about how we can improve the overall experience in our forum. Including making it more accessible! :clap: Today I get to chat with one of our wonderful Heroes @volkswagenchick which is always a pleasure! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

:drupal: DrupalCon Portland planning! I am hoping I get to see some of your smiling faces! Anyone else going!? :raised_back_of_hand: Are you delivering a session!?

One Thing I Would Love to Learn More About Is…

:drupal: :wordpress: : Contribution enablement! Contributing to open source can be intimidating for some. I have heard some people don’t know where to start. And others have shared they would love to get involved but don’t feel like they can contribute because they are not “technical.” Can you relate to this? Are you also equally as passionate about contribution enablement? Everyone starts somewhere – how did you get started contributing to open source?!

Heavy on My Heart…

What is happening in Ukraine is absolutely devastating :broken_heart: And as such, the people of Ukraine have been heavy on my heart. If you would like to talk, please know I am here for you. If you would like to make a donation, below are several organizations that are actively providing support to Ukraine:

• International Committee of the Red Cross - Active in Ukraine helping people affected by the conflict.
  • National Bank of Ukraine Special Fundraising Account - Opened by the bank to support the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
  • Come Back Alive Foundation - One of the largest charities in Ukraine, primarily fundraising for Ukraine’s military, to aid soldiers and volunteers with supplies, including equipment (thermographic cameras and night vision devices), drones, personal body protection and specialized software.
  • Army SOS - Uses donated funds to support Ukrainian soldiers in various ways.
  • United Help Ukraine - Receives and distributes donations, food, and medical supplies to displaced Ukrainians “affected by Russia’s invasion.”
  • Revived Soldiers Ukraine - Funds medication and medical supplies for field and army hospitals at the front lines of eastern Ukraine.
  • Nova Ukraine - Has several humanitarian efforts, including Heart2Heart, which assembles and delivers aid packages to Ukraine.

Stay safe + be well friends! :heart:

This week I am nominating @katie.richards @NineLivesBlackCat @vee.vopham @volkswagenchick @CodeChefMarc @brandondove @duran @monicadear to share what is on their mind :heart:

2 Likes

Welcome to all the new folks!! I see some names from Florida DrupalCamp!!

What a blast to see old friends and make some new ones!!

This week is already proving tough as far as my ability to focus.
Some of y’ll may know, but most do not… I am a Quaker and given the current state of the world, I would like to focus on the obligation we as Quakers have to help the victims of wars and conflicts and commitment to active peace making.

For reference, Quakers play a huge role in supporting organizations that support peace and non-violence. This weekend we are worked on petitions and our languaging about the conflicts moving forward.

2 Likes

@volkswagenchick I absolutely understand the feeling. What is happening in Ukraine has been absolutely devastating. I am feeling waves of sadness + guilt all in one. Sad, because I wish there was more I could do. Guilty, because I was born into a country of wealth and privilege, unlike many others. :heart: You said you are working on petitions and languaging around the conflict, I would love for you to share should you feel empowered to do so.

Quakers are soo important, thank you for being you!

1 Like

@McKennaR, thanks for putting this week’s Work Out Loud thread together and for nominating me! I’m a bit late to the party, but hey, this week isn’t over yet! And also thank you for sharing a list of nonprofits and orgs people can donate to, so they can help those impacted by the Ukraine crisis. :yellow_heart:

I’ll share a recent win and something I’m still looking forward to this week:
:handshake: A big win is that @NineLivesBlackCat and I (mostly Tearyne - she did the heavy lifting here - thank you!!!) re-integrated our two main community channels (Discourse + Slack), so now select Forum conversations/posts will get automatically pushed to Slack! Yay! This will save our team a lot of time.
:airplane: I’m excited to fly to San Francisco this weekend! I’m staying until next week, so I’m excited to explore more of California while I’m in the area and also see Pantheon’s SF office (I’ll be working from the office on Monday). If anyone is in the area and wants to meet up, please give me a shout!

Big hugs everyone! :hugs:

1 Like

Of course @vee.vopham! :clap:

Thanks again for helping get that set up! It’s huge for our community :slight_smile: Enjoy your time exploring SF!!

1 Like

Hi everyone! I totally missed last week, but I appreciate you tagging me - it’s been far too long since I’ve been on the forum and I missed it! So, I’ll see if I can get back in the swing and start logging on more regularly again.

One of the reasons is work has gotten crazy busy, but that’s probably the case for a lot of folks. That, and the world around us seems like a constant source of stress with Ukraine, COVID, and others. But, there are shining lights. I’ve stayed on top of my New Years resolution to start hiking again and have stuck with it!

At work, I’ve been busy migrating our D8 sites using a custom upstream to D9 fully using Pantheon’s integrated composer. It’s going very well and I’d be happy to talk about my experiences in another thread sometime if that’s of interest to anyone.

Take care and I’ll be more connected here sooner than later!

1 Like

It’s never too late to join the conversation, Marc! Happy to hear we’ll see you more often on the Community Forum. :slightly_smiling_face: