Pantheon Community

Work Out Loud: February 22-28, 2021

Welcome to this week’s Work Out Loud thread! Work Out Loud is a weekly opportunity to share what we’re working on, who we’re meeting with, and what we’re doing in our free time.

Welcome!
Welcome to our newest community members: @oheredia, @jasonblanda, @KenLo, @Al3oloum, @DarcieH, @linden, and @kenc! You’re cordially invited to participate in our Work Out Loud thread, this week and every week. :smiley: Let us know where in the world you are, and what brings you to the Pantheon community.

This week, I am…
:brain: Learning about persona research from a fellow Pantheor
:running_woman: Catching up after a very fun & exciting Florida Drupal Camp
:houses: Investigating Clubhouse – anybody here tried it yet?

Sparklingrobots' avatar hanging out at a virtual snack table

Motivated by:
I recently read Daily Rituals: Artists at Work and was delighted to find so many delightful details. And glad to hear about people who also need a lot of sleep every night, like I do. :zzz:

Your turn! Here are a few questions to get you started:

• What are you working on this week?
  • What is motivating (or demotivating) you this week?
  • What are you learning?
  • Any good videos/podcasts/articles you can recommend?
  • What gives you energy at work?

I nominate @katie.richards, @CodeChefMarc, @volkswagenchick, @McKennaR & @Glen!

1 Like

Happy Monday friends! :wave:

I can hardly believe it’s ALMOST March! What!?

This week, I am…
:trophy: Working on all sorts of things for our very first customer awards! Yes, it’s true! More information coming soon friends!
:dog: Pups are going in for their final shots on Wednesday! I am sad to see them go but I am looking forward to sleep! :zzz:
:heart: Selecting our Community Champion of the Month for March! Interested in learning more about what it takes to become a Community Champion & all the perks that come with it? Read all about it here.
:memo: Lotssss of little side projects going on. Anyone have tips for managing all the things? Send them my way!

@sparklingrobots my sister @lissar was telling me all about ClubHouse like 3 weeks ago! It’s all the rave in the marketing world at the moment :slight_smile: I am personally really excited to learn more about it!

I nominate @steve.persch @dgorton @Avi123 @eladio to share what they are working on this week!

2 Likes

Thanks for the nomination!

How did you like gather.town for Florida DrupalCamp @sparklingrobots and @katie.richards ??
I saw you both in there last week! I really thought it did a good job at emulating the hallway. I think FLDC was a great success! We even had two core commits during contrib day!

This week…
I am finally taking the IAAP A11y exam, so studying right up until I take the test Wednesday AM…

Then, breathing. HAHA…

Working on DrupalCamp Asheville, DrupalCamp NYC, and BADCamp planning… a lot of kickoff calls this week and last.

I am looking forward to working with @sparklingrobots again next week when we deliver a speaker workshop to a WordPress group. I love the speaker diversity workshops!! Helping folks navigate through, imposter syndrome, creating a talk and bio… this is the stuff that motivates me!

3 Likes

Thanks @McKennaR !
Still getting used to the Pantheon world, and, especially, how do I navigate with Covid, working from home, coding, reading technical and fictional books, taking care of 3 house cats, cooking, Netflix et al.
I would love to go for interesting walks around Santa fe, NM., which I have been neglecting.
Looking forward to getting up early as well!

Working on getting things done.

I nominate everyone reading my bit to share what they are working on this week. Cheers!

2 Likes

@amyjune Gather.town was a really fun experience. It took some getting used to but it was nice to have random encounters with folks at the event

1 Like

Sounds like a busy week ahead! Definitely get out & get some fresh air—it’s good for the soul! And while you’re at it, snap some photos & share with us :slight_smile: I have always wanted to visit Santa Fe, but have yet to make it that way!

1 Like

Good luck on your exam this morning @amyjune :clap: YOU GOT IT!!

1 Like