Work Out Loud: February 21-25

Hi everyone! :wave: I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and is having a great week so far. :raised_hands: Apologies this thread is coming to you a bit late, but I was in Orlando for Florida DrupalCamp over the weekend and just returned to work today!

This Week’s Featured Tweet:

This tweet from @ultimike sums up this year’s Florida DrupalCamp perfectly. The event experience was energizing, inspiring, and full of connections. Being someone from a non-developer background, I appreciated how welcoming and nice everyone was! Huge thank you to all the volunteer organizers, sponsors, partners, and everyone else who helped make the event happen. :clap: Note: You can check out the #FLDC2022 hashtag on Twitter to see highlights from the event!

Now, let’s get right to it! For those of you who are new here: Work Out Loud is a weekly opportunity to share what we’re working on, who we’re meeting with, and what we’re doing in our free time. There are no rules here—share whatever you’d like!

Welcome New Members!
Welcome to our newest community members:@kashem, @scottakristine, @cprine, @RayHollister, @Helenasue, @Kaizen, @lawman2112, and @stevengfx. We’re so excited to have you here! You’re cordially invited to participate in our Work Out Loud thread, this week and every week. :grinning: Let us know where in the world you are! :world_map:

This Week, I Am…
:writing_hand: Prepping for our upcoming WebOps Wednesday Ask Me Anything (AMA) sessions, which are text-based and occur on our Community Forum here. This week’s AMA thread with Elda Schaffield (@emscha), Manager of Student Services Information Systems at the University of California, Santa Barbara (UCSB), is live! Join the discussion thread to ask Elda about working in the higher ed website operations space, working as a woman in IT, traveling/living in other countries, and adjusting to different cultures.

:calling: Scheduling calls with Heroes as well as continuing to have calls with vendors as our team is figuring out what we need in an advocacy management system that can be used first for our Heroes.

:broom: Catching up on emails/Slack messages from being out of the office for the past week!

What I am Most Excited About…
:books: Pantheon recently announced that it’s providing full-time staff with the ability to take classes on LinkedIn Learning for free, so I’m excited to take a few classes later this week and weekend when I have some down time!

Your turn! See below for a few questions to get you started. :point_down:

• What are you working on this week?
  • Do you have any recent big wins you want to share?
  • What are you learning and/or reading right now?
  • Is there anything our community can help you with?

This week, I’m nominating @McKennaR, @katie.richards, @NineLivesBlackCat, @JohnRichardsII, @jose.castaneda, @Paulsmith, @gcaudle, @mcolebank, @shannon.cordes, @ilessing, and @InGauge (but really, anyone can participate!) to share! Feel free to chime in by clicking “Reply” below, and then, nominate others. :open_hands:

Viet,

This is great! Looking forward to participating! WebOps Wesesay last week was a new experience and I am glad I participated!

All the Best,
Ashley Scott

On Wednesday, Febr

2 Likes

@scottakristine, I’m so glad you enjoyed last week’s AMA session! Hope you get to participate in this week’s AMA as well and ask Elda questions! She has a really unique background and is a great resource to anyone wanting to learn more about higher ed website operations, IT, etc.

1 Like

Welcome @kashem, @scottakristine, @cprine, @RayHollister, @Helenasue, @Kaizen, @lawman2112, and @stevengfx! We are so excited to have you here! :heart:

Thanks for nominating me @vee.vopham!

This Week, I Am…

:speech_balloon: Having conversations with awesome community members like you all! If you have thoughts, ideas, feedback on how we can improve your community experience (in Slack or Forum) please message me or shoot me a DM! I would LOVE to hear from you! :clap:

:dog: Taking care of my pup Chubs who had TPLO surgery 13 days ago + it has be a really hard recovery to say the least. So it has required me to step away more than I would like :frowning: But she is recovering slowly by surely.

What I am Most Excited About…

:money_with_wings: I just started listening to the audiobook the Broke Millennial Takes on Investing + I LOVE it! One of my personal goals this year has been to learn more about the money markets + investing. If anyone else has any awesome suggestions, I am all ears!

1 Like

Thank you @McKenna and @vee.vopham for the warm welcome! Another investing resource is Our Rich Journey (see below)! This couple has achieved FIRE.

https://www.ourrichjourney.com/

2 Likes

Oh my gosh, that is wonderful! Thank you so so so much for sharing!! :slight_smile: I am so going to dig into this later tonight!

1 Like

@McKennaR @vee.vopham

Glad the information was of interest.

Also, sharing this out with the group:

• MDI Spring 2022 Workshop: Topic Models: A Practical Introduction in Python with Dr. Jaren Haber | Topic models are among the most popular techniques in natural language processing (NLP), a versatile tool for understanding the latent themes in text that has been widely applied to websites, books, school applications, social media, and everything else. This workshop will give you hands-on experience with a typical topic modeling workflow, including text preprocessing and model construction and evaluation. Basic familiarity with Python is required; prior experience with NLP is useful but not required. March 15-16, 2022 at 4:00-5:30 PM ET both days (in-person; Georgetown University students, faculty and staff only) Register here.
2 Likes

This is amazing, thank you for sharing! I will also share this in our events channel in case anyone else is interested in attending :slight_smile:

1 Like

@McKennaR Great! There is a recruiter for a Saas company I’m going to reach out to in case she wants to engage with Pantheon…

All the Best!
Ashley Scott

2 Likes

Sounds great, thanks so much Ashley! :slight_smile: I hope you have a wonderful week ahead!

1 Like

@McKennaR You’re Welcome! Actually, this week I have an interview so will share out with the group Good News soon (God Willing).

Just sent an email to the Recruiter!

Hope you enjoy your week as well!

All the Best!
Ashley Scott

1 Like

Thanks so much for sharing this workshop with us, @scottakristine! And good luck in your interview!!! Fingers crossed!! :pray: :crossed_fingers:

@vee.vopham You are quite welcome!!

Thank You for the well wishes!

Screen break and Salat and then shifting gears into Interview Prep mode!!

1 Like

How did the interview go? Fingers crossed you get the job (if you also like the role/company)!

Hello Vee,
Thank you for asking; the interview went well and the Interviewer mentioned that they will be getting back to me soon. The role would be a food fit for my combined experiences and I was already familiar with their work after speaking with the Principal several times starting roughly a year and a half ago. So, Yes! Thank you for asking and for the well wishes!

My Training and Professional Development overview is attached and I welcome your feedack etc…

The Holy Month of Ramadan is coming up in a few weeks so I had been getting ready!

Hope all is well with you!

All the Best!
Ashley Scott

(Attachment Training and Professional Development.pdf is missing)

1 Like

Oh this is good to hear! Glad the interview went well, and the opportunity sounds like a great fit. I can’t seem to see the PDF you attached. Can you try re-sending it? Or feel free to message me or email me it at vee.vopham@pantheon.io. :slightly_smiling_face:

Viet,

Sure! The attached documents include a Training and Professional Development overview as well as a skills overview coupled with a resume.

Best,Ashley

(Attachment Training and Professional Development.pdf is missing)

(Attachment Pena Network.pdf is missing)

1 Like

Hi Ashley, apologies, I learned we had to enable pdf attachments/uploads on the site. If you share the PDF now, I should be able to see it!

Hello Viet,

Totally fine. Sounds great!

All the Best!
Ashley Scott

On Tuesday,

Training and Professional Development.pdf (97.7 KB)

Pena Network.pdf (273 KB)

1 Like

Hey Ashley, looks good! I’m wondering for the Training and Professional Development doc, is the main heading the name of the org you did the training with, and under it is the name of the training? Maybe you can add dates completed here as well? I’d also format these docs a bit more, so main headings stand out. For instance, “Training and Professional Development” in the first doc at the top could be bolded and in a larger font size, etc.