Work Out Loud: February 14-18

Hi everyone! :wave: I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and is having a good Monday so far. :raised_hands: I’m still in the process of caffeinating and drinking my iced latte now!

This Week’s Featured Tweet:

What’s your favorite developer tool? And yes, you can answer with Pantheon. :wink:

Now, let’s get right to it! For those of you who are new here: Work Out Loud is a weekly opportunity to share what we’re working on, who we’re meeting with, and what we’re doing in our free time. There are no rules here—share whatever you’d like!

Welcome New Members!
Welcome to our newest community members:@emscha, @bailey, @EmerK, @travis, @Sourav, @fitmiss77, @rajin.sharwar, and @ARSGeek. We’re so excited to have you here! You’re cordially invited to participate in our Work Out Loud thread, this week and every week. :grinning: Let us know where in the world you are! :world_map:

This Week, I Am…
:writing_hand: Prepping for our upcoming WebOps Wednesday Ask Me Anything (AMA) sessions, which are text-based and occur on our Community Forum here. Our next WebOps AMA is this Wednesday, February 16, with David Dashifen Kees (@dashifen), Senior Web Software Developer at Georgetown University. They’ll be taking questions on PHP, object-oriented programming, WordPress, Composer-based WordPress builds, Terminus, working in higher education, working remotely, Marvel movies, sci-fi/fantasy, and theology.

:trophy: Working on announcing and promoting this month’s Community Champion! I plan on publishing a Forum post later this week with more information, so stay tuned.

:broom: Continuing to work on cleaning up Pantheon’s community spaces. ICYMI: We’ve created some new Slack channels that anyone can join. See below for a list of the new channels, which you can join in our Community Slack:

• #introduce-yourself (where members can introduce themselves to the whole Pantheon community!)
  • #celebrations (share wins and work you’re proud of, relating to Pantheon, Drupal, WordPress, and/or open source in general)
  • #events (share and discuss events, hosted by/featuring Pantheon and/or related to open source)
  • #diversity-and-inclusion (share insights, resources, and work relating to Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) in open source)

What I am Most Excited About…
:drupal: I’m super excited for Florida DrupalCamp this week! For a sneak peak into the event and what you can expect, watch the latest episode of BoltsNBytes where Pantheon’s @NineLivesBlackCat and @JohnRichardsII chat with Mike Herchel, Co-Organizer of Florida DrupalCamp.

Your turn! See below for a few questions to get you started. :point_down:

• What are you working on this week?
  • Do you have any recent big wins you want to share?
  • What are you learning and/or reading right now?
  • Is there anything our community can help you with?

This week, I’m nominating @PTaylor, @tmRoth, @orlandoayeras, @acleen, and @suzzas (but really, anyone can participate!) to share! Feel free to chime in by clicking “Reply” below, and then, nominate others. :open_hands: