Pantheon Community

Work Out Loud: February 1-6, 2021

Welcome to this week’s Work Out Loud thread! Work Out Loud is a weekly opportunity to share what we’re working on, who we’re meeting with, and what we’re doing in our free time.

Welcome!
Welcome to our newest community members: @johnyuw, @rolo, @zeldons, @slsonnier and @360phx! You’re cordially invited to participate in our Work Out Loud thread, this week and every week. :smiley: Let us know where in the world you are!

This week, I am…
:star2: Researching WP themes for a site project I’m on. Getting distracted by Gatsby and wondering if I should be researching that instead. Definitely looking for advice!
:studio_microphone: Still working on my talk proposals for DrupalCon North America & Florida DrupalCamp.
:cat2: Helping my two new kitties adapt to our home.

Motivated by:
It’s definitely still wintry-feeling outside, but the trees are starting to bud and get ready for spring. Which means I’m feeling compelled to start some seeds for my garden and clean up my house/inbox/asana task list.

Your turn! Here are a few questions to get you started:

• What are you working on this week?
  • What is motivating (or demotivating) you this week?
  • What are you learning?
  • Any good videos/podcasts/articles you can recommend?

I nominate @CodeChefMarc, @justkristin, @katie.richards, @kelly & @JohnRichardsII!

Happy Monday and new month, @sparklingrobots!

This week, I am…
:baby_bottle: Babysitting some swag that seems to always need one more decision made about it
:snowflake: Enjoying the fresh blanket of snow we got this weekend from my warm and cozy house
:woman_teacher: Filling out some new categories on the forum for the attendees our weekly live trainings

I am learning…
:exclamation: Did you know that Airtable has the ability to create and share forms where all the submissions are automatically stored within your base?! I learned that last week and am going to spend some time playing with its capabilities

Do you have anything exciting happening in your week, @carolyn ?

1 Like

i’m definitely distracted by having 6 lambs born since Thursday! Not very DevOps or Pantheor, but way fun regardless wish y’all were here! i tried to send short video but not allowed so sad

3 Likes

Howdy, all! Hope you are all healthy and as happy as can be hoped. :slight_smile:

This ween, I am…
:crazy_face: Working in WordPress right off the bat… Also looking longingly at Gatsby and a few other engines/platforms, and getting caught up in the tech “because-I-can”-ing of it all, instead of getting on with the problem at hand.
:wrench: Preparing for rebrand/relaunch things in the middle of staffing overhauls brought on by multiple closures… “But deadlines!” cry the C-suiters. Gah.
:skull_and_crossbones: Trying to work toward some semblance of fitness via indoor rowing, lunchtime walks to 7-Eleven with my husband, and babysitting a 2-year-old Troll.

I have a book recommendation: Figuring by Maria Popova. It is chewy but amazing. Not a snack. :slight_smile: I am up for some recommendations as well. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@kelly LAMMMMMMBS :heart_eyes:

@justkristin I am familiar with Maria Popova’s Brain Pickings blog but not her book! That sounds like a good read. I’m currently reading Tana French’s latest The Searcher and quite enjoying it.

2 Likes

This week, I am…
:snowflake: Feeling sore, from shoveling the almost foot of snow we got over the weekend. Great upper body workout! (We have a looong driveway.)
:yarn: Finishing a hat I knitted! Belated b-day present for my spouse.

:bookmark_tabs: Working on Pantheon’s Changelog, new & updated documentation on Integrated Composer, coming features, and on accessibility testing.

:building_construction: Talking with colleagues about information architecture & content design, and improving publishing workflows for internal content.

:open_book: Reading about React, Tailwind, re-usable components & content APIs.

Also, my birthday is this week, so happy birthday week to me! :partying_face:

4 Likes

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEEK!!!

3 Likes

Oh, thanks a lot. Now I have bought yet another book. :stuck_out_tongue: I look forward to it, and will start it after Moby Dick and another book I bought this morning because the local indie told me to via email, tho I can’t remember the title.

1 Like

Happy birthday! And I am in awe of your knitting… I can knit rectangles. That is all. One color. :slight_smile: I am a scarf maestro. sob

2 Likes

Awwww HAPPY BIRTHDAY week @carolyn !! :cake: :balloon:

1 Like

Just logging in on the last day of this week, woo! Thanks for tagging me, @sparklingrobots!

Worked on this past week - I learned how to use Amazon’s AWS API to upload files (specifically large videos) from a Drupal webform. There was some neat custom code I’ve never done before and even made my own progress bar, woo! :play_or_pause_button:

Motivating - my family for keeping me sane through long work days and this crazy quarantine! :family_man_man_boy:

Learning - Learning how to create a new API from Drupal to surface to JavaScript to pull in product recommendations and such. :wine_glass:

Recommendations - I’ve been watching Schitt’s Creek on Netflix and I recommend it. That combined with Ted Lasso has shown me there are TV shows out there that can be fun, silly, and heartwarming. :tv:

And Happy Birthday, @carolyn! It’s my birthday week too, woo! :cupcake:

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

2 Likes

That hat is GORGEOUS @carolyn!!! And in sheep colors too (my favorite!)! I love Fair Isle knitting, and especially how you can adapt practically any custom pattern to it. Design constraints ftw! Happy belated birthday!

1 Like

@justkristin there is nothing wrong with rectangles OR scarves. You do you. Send pictures? I’d love to see. My work is awfully sloppy so don’t worry lol - it can’t be worse than mine!

1 Like