Work Out Loud: December 5-9—Come Share What You’re Working on This Week! 🌟

Hi all! :wave: Hope everyone’s having a great week so far!

This Week’s Featured Tweet:

ICYMI: The 2023 Florida DrupalCamp, which is organized by some of our fantastic Pantheon Heroes including @volkswagenchick, @ultimike, and @mherchel, is now accepting submissions! Note: Florida DrupalCamp has rolling session acceptance, so the earlier you submit, the better your chances are for your session to get accepted!

Now, let’s get right to it! For those of you who are new here: Work Out Loud is a weekly opportunity to share what we’re working on, who we’re meeting with, and what we’re doing in our free time. There are no rules here—share whatever you’d like!

Welcome New Members!
Welcome to our newest community members: @ezrankings, @Webdrips, and @Hema. We’re so excited to have you here! You’re cordially invited to participate in our Work Out Loud thread, this week and every week. :grinning: Let us know where in the world you are! :world_map:

This Week, I Am…
:trophy: Preparing various internal presentations and promo materials, finalizing the judges announcement, and coworking with @McKennaR on swag for Pantheon’s 2022 Best in WebOps Awards! Please note: The Best in WebOps Awards submission deadline has been extended to Monday, December 19th. All submissions must be received within the entry period to be eligible. We look forward to celebrating the extraordinary accomplishments you’ve achieved with the help of WebOps! You can submit to the awards here.

:loudspeaker: Working with @katie.richards and others on our team to organize and promote a Pantheon watch party for the State of the Word 2022. In case you’re not familiar with the State of the Word, it is the annual keynote address delivered by the WordPress project’s Co-Founder, Matt Mullenweg. Every year, the event allows us to reflect on the project’s progress and the future of open source. This year’s State of the Word is scheduled for Thursday, December 15th from 1-2:30pm ET. Since the event will be livestreamed, we’ll be hosting a watch party! Block off your calendar at 12:30pm ET/9:30am PT, and keep an eye out for a forum post with instructions to join in!

What I am Most Excited About…
:person_getting_massage: I’m looking forward to relaxing a bit this upcoming weekend before a busy week next week (which includes moving)!

Your turn! See below for a few questions to get you started, and feel free to share as little or as much as you’d like. :point_down:

• What are you working on this week?
  • Do you have any recent big wins you want to share?
  • What are you learning and/or reading right now?
  • Is there anything our community can help you with?

This week, I’m nominating @bjlewis2, @johnjohnrannz, @gjefferybr, @danroche24, @vba66a, and @Adrianm6254 (but really, anyone can participate!) to share! Feel free to chime in by clicking “Reply” below, and then, nominate others. :open_hands:

The Florida Drupal Camp website is one of the most attractive and pleasant-to-use event sites I’ve seen. Thanks for sharing this. Looks like an interesting (and very affordable) event.

2 Likes

Welcome @ezrankings, @Webdrips, and @Hema!

• What are you working on this week?
    Florida DrupalCamp! I am also giving a first time contribution workshop to the Discover Drupal Students. Over at my “real” job at OPensource.com, I am getting article lined up for the end of the year when we are all out for the US Holidays.

• Do you have any recent big wins you want to share?

• What are you learning and/or reading right now?
    I am taking some Python classes, not really feeling it, so I think I am going to look into learning some various languages for technical writing (Ascidoc, markdown, etc)

• Is there anything our community can help you with?
    In March Opensource.com celebrates RaspPi day. We are always looking for interesting articles on what folks do with there Raspberry Pis. (feel free to DM me)

1 Like

Wow, @volkswagenchick, you sure know how to keep busy!!! :wink:

Also, love that you’re planning ahead for RaspPi Day! I shared your prompt internally with Pantheors as well + will let you know if anyone reaches out to me about this but told folx they can reach out to you here via the forum too. :slight_smile: