Pantheon Community

Work Out Loud: December 27-31

Hi Pantheon community members! :wave: I hope everyone’s having a wonderful start to their week. For those who were out last week for the holidays, I hope you had a restful time off. If you’re still offline, I’ll catch you in the New Year!

If you celebrated a holiday last week, what did you do? Did you go anywhere? What did you eat? I had a nice relaxing, low-key Christmas with my nearby family and my dog, Finn. I didn’t have to travel, which was nice! With everything going on this year, I didn’t have a chance to get a Christmas tree or do too much decorating, so I’ll share a photo of Finn in front of our small tree last year. It was his first Christmas, so I definitely went all out and had to take a myriad of holiday photos of him!

For those of you who are new here: Work Out Loud is a weekly opportunity to share what we’re working on, who we’re meeting with, and what we’re doing in our free time. There are no rules here—share whatever you’d like!

Welcome New Members!
Welcome to our newest community members: @zbrooks @frank.mullings @bmc2022 @alexmoreno @PeterAQ. We’re so excited to have you here! You’re cordially invited to participate in our Work Out Loud thread, this week and every week. :grinning: Let us know where in the world you are! :world_map:

This week, I am…
:nerd_face: Learning, learning, learning! As a lot of Pantheon staff are out of the office for the holidays, I’m planning on having a lot more down time this week to read articles/resources I’ve bookmarked and to also catch up onboarding tasks I haven’t had a chance to complete yet.

:gift: Continuing to spread the word about Pantheon’s Gift Of Open Source event, as there’s less than one week left to participate! Here’s your chance to make the open web a better place by giving back to the open source projects you love the most. Just make sure to register here and submit your contribution(s) here by Friday, December 31 at 11:59pm PT to receive credit, and score awesome swag for participating. If we hit 500 total contributions, Pantheon will donate $5K to both the WordPress Foundation and Drupal Association. If you want to learn more or have any questions, please hop on over to the #gift-of-open-source Slack channel!

​​📝 Helping push our 2021 Community Survey! We invite you to share feedback with us on how we can improve your Pantheon community experience. We would greatly appreciate it if you could take 2-3 minutes to complete this short survey about your experience in our community (Slack and Forum). Your responses are incredibly valuable in helping us deliver a more dynamic and engaging user experience in 2022. Please submit your survey responses before Wednesday, January 5.

What I am Most Excited About…
:tada: I’m looking forward to ringing in the New Year with some of my family and close friends in the Washington, DC area. I hope you all also have a wonderful New Year!

Your turn! See below for a few questions to get you started. :point_down:

• What are you working on this week?
  • Do you have any recent big wins you want to share?
  • What are you learning right now?
  • Is there anything our community can help you with?
  • Do you have any upcoming travel plans you’re super excited to share?
  • Do you have plans for celebrating New Year’s?

This week, I’m nominating @chris.martindale @FreMun @sarahg @Carte1r @DTrammel (but really, anyone can participate!) to share! Feel free to chime in by clicking “Reply” below, and then, nominate others. :open_hands:

:loudspeaker: FYI, I wanted to also share a friendly reminder that Pantheon offices will be closed for normal business on Friday, December 31 and Monday, January 3 in observance of New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. As always, our fearless Support Team will be available by chat for any pressing issues!

2 Likes