Pantheon Community

Work Out Loud: December 20-24

Hi wonderful Pantheon community members! :wave: I can’t believe it’s almost 2022! I hope you all are having a great start to your week, whether you’re already off for the holidays or are still working.

For those of you who are new here: Work Out Loud is a weekly opportunity to share what we’re working on, who we’re meeting with, and what we’re doing in our free time. There are no rules here—share whatever you’d like!

Welcome New Members!
Welcome to our newest community members: @djschaap @Stuart66 @mobank @bjlewis2 @pdxrichard. We’re so excited to have you here! You’re cordially invited to participate in our Work Out Loud thread, this week and every week. :grinning: Let us know where in the world you are! :world_map:

This week, I am…
:new: Continuing to get acclimated at Pantheon and learn all the things, as this is my third week at the company! I’m also beginning to publish more posts and updates in Pantheon’s various community channels, including this Forum site and the community Slack. So, just a heads-up that you’ll see me pop up around more often, and if/when you do, please do feel free to say hi!

:gift: Helping get the word out about Pantheon’s Gift Of Open Source event! You can help make the open web a better place by giving back to the open source projects you love the most. Make sure to submit your contribution(s) here by Friday, December 31 at 11:59pm PT to receive credit. Participate to score awesome swag, and help us help our community! If we hit 500 total contributions, Pantheon will donate $5K to both the WordPress Foundation and Drupal Association. If you want to learn more or have any questions, please hop on over to the #gift-of-open-source Slack channel!

​​🗓️ Working with @McKennaR and @katie.richards to start planning Pantheon’s community strategy for 2022! We’re excited to map out new, exciting ways to support you and your work and look forward to engaging with you all online or in person in the New Year.

What I am Most Excited About…
:christmas_tree: I’m very much looking forward to having a few days off for the holidays to spend quality time with my family, friends, and of course, Finn, my pet corgi. See below for a pic I took of him during our hike in Alexandria, VA over the weekend!

Your turn! See below for a few questions to get you started. :point_down:

• What are you working on this week?
  • Do you have any recent big wins you want to share?
  • What are you learning right now?
  • Is there anything our community can help you with?
  • Do you have any upcoming travel plans you’re super excited to share?
  • Do you have plans for the holidays/remainder of 2021?

This week, I’m nominating @sokru @lissar @Wilbur @sperkins @DTrammel (but really, anyone can participate!) to share! Feel free to chime in by clicking “Reply” below, and then, nominate others. :open_hands:

:loudspeaker: FYI, I wanted to also share a friendly reminder that Pantheon offices will be closed for normal business on Thursday, December 23 and Friday, December 24 in observance of Christmas. As always, our fearless Support Team will be available by chat for any pressing issues!

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing @vee.vopham :slight_smile:

That photo of Finn is absolutely adorable!! Here is a photo of Chubs being naughty – pretty sure Santa Paws is bringing her coal! :laughing: Just kidding, she is seriously the sweetest girl – but she did indeed rip open some of her gifts early so I figured an impromptu photo shoot was needed!

This week I am…

:earth_americas: Working from sunny Austin, TX. I arrived yesterday morning to kick off the holiday weekend early! Looking forward to baking cookies later with my sisters :cookie:

:gift: Working on getting all of the awesome SWAG sorted for Gift Of Open Source! Like Vee shared, there is still time to contribute + make an everlasting impact! Just make sure to submit your contribution(s) here by Friday, December 31 at 11:59pm PT to score an awesome swag bag!

:memo: Starting to dig into some of the responses from our 2021 annual Community Survey! Thank you to everyone who has already shared their thoughts/feedback with us. It’s going to drive a lot of what we focus on here on Community! Speaking of, this survey is closing on Wednesday so make sure to participate + let your voice be heard!

This week I am nominating @katie.richards @Kaylan @jose.castaneda @tomw36 @JQTNguyen @ultimike @bramdriesen to share!

2 Likes

@McKennaR, oh my gosh, this photo is too cute!!! I hope Chubs got everything (and more!) that she wanted for Xmas this year and that you enjoy your time with your family this week.

Looking forward to ending this year on a high note, community-wise! :boom:

Hey everyone!! I am always impressed with how many new people you introduce every week, I love the community is growing!

This week… it’s short, yeah!!

:boom: I am still learning about my new role as community manager at Opensource.com and meeting the team. Of course, we’re getting ready to select session for Florida DrupalCamp, so I’ll be busy with that!!

:books: I am learning more about Drupal 7 to 9 migrations and setting up some automated QA.

:beach_umbrella: We are escaping next week to Santa Cruz to visit the monarchs and get some hot tub time!

2 Likes

Happy Tuesday friend! :wave:

Congrats again on your new role --you are an absolute perfect fit for that :slight_smile: What does your new role look like as a Community Manager? Are you managing an online forum? Helping organize events? I always love asking this, because the role is so broad + diverse that most community managers are stretched across several different areas.

Santa Cruz sounds dreamy! :cloud: :airplane: Who can turn down hot tub time? I mean, come on! I am also going to be traveling up the California coast from Dec. 26-Jan. 1. We are heading to Vegas, then through Death Valley, up to Mammoth, maybe Yosemite (if the weather permits - lots of road closures) and then on the way back, stopping at Tahoe/Reno. I am definitely excited! :exclamation:

If we don’t get to chat again before then, happy holidays + happy new years @volkswagenchick !! You are such a valuable member of our community + Heroes Program. And such a joy to work with always! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

A trip up the CA coast will be glorious in Dec… be sure to check out any of the spots where the Monarchs are wintering.

My new role has me managing the community of Opensource.com writers (outside of Red Hat) contributors. Working in forums, fostering new contributors, and establishing new relationships in the community. I hope to help develop writer workshops much like the workshops @jillbinder gives for speakers in the hopes to diversify the writers in the pool… Hi Jill!! The website gets over a million views a month so it’s great exposure for folks looking to develop an online writer presence or help boost their resumes.

I am lucky that I will still be able to work in the Drupal, WordPrss and Accessibility communities… we definitely need more articles from them!!

1 Like

@volkswagenchick, belated congratulations on the new job at Opensource.com! The job sounds super exciting, plus Opensource.com is such a valuable resource to developers and anyone interested in open source. I look forward to collaborating with you more in the New Year to spread the word on all things open source!

Also, hope you enjoy your time in Santa Cruz! Happy Holidays! :snowman:

1 Like