Pantheon Community

Work Out Loud: August 2-6

Can you believe it’s already AUGUST!? Welcome to this week’s Work Out Loud thread! Work Out Loud is a weekly opportunity to share what we’re working on, who we’re meeting with, and what we’re doing in our free time!. :clap:t5:

Welcome!
Welcome to our newest community members: @kyle_balcomagency , @amalik62 , @romanos @james.dimitrov @jesus.ortiz! You’re all cordially invited to participate in our Work Out Loud thread, this week and every week. :smiley: Let us know where in the world you are! :point_down:t5:

This week, I am…
:moneybag: : Working on hiring for our small but mighty community team! YES, you heard it here first. We will be looking for a Community Coordinator to join our team. The posting is not live yet, but I will make sure to share it with all of you shortly!
:school_satchel: : HigherEd conversations continue but have been slowing moving. If you work in the HigherEd space or have in the past + are passionate about talking through what community looks like for these users shoot me a DM
:airplane: : Heading to Austin, TX Thursday + Friday. Food recommendations are always welcome!

What I am Most Excited About
We are launching a new morning show! :movie_camera: This Thursday August, 5th at 9:00am PST, Developer Advocates @JohnRichardsII + @fatima.khalid will be going live on Twitter [with a warm cup of joe :coffee: in hand of course] to chat!

If you have something or someone you would like us to give a shoutout to, drop it below! :arrow_down: This could be a big win for you or your team, someone who helped you in a big way, etc. We want to highlight all of the awesome work that happens in + outside of our community. If you don’t have anything to share, don’t worry --this is an informal time to connect + chat! :heart:

Your turn! Here are a few questions to get you started:

• What are you working on this week?
  • Do you have any big wins you want to share? Anything you would like us to call out on the Morning Show happening later this week?
  • What is motivating (or demotivating) you this week?
  • What are you learning? What would you like to learn?
  • Any good videos/podcasts/articles you can recommend?
  • Any upcoming travel plans you are super excited to share?

I nominate @katie.richards @katy.gray @lizbennie @JohnRichardsII @Frontmobe @vince @ultimike @david.needham to share what they having cooking this week! :clap:t5:

1 Like

Challenge accepted.

This week I’m working on a Drupal 7 to Drupal 9 migration, I’m in the middle of a 6-week private Drupal training gig for a development team, and we’re getting ready for the fall semester of Drupal Career Online (Drupal Career Online | DrupalEasy)!

3 Likes

Hello and good morning! Happy new week, everyone!

This week I’m working on…
:robot: Implementing Slackbot commands in Pantheon Community Slack to share shortcuts to helpful stuff
:gift: Sending out surprises to some Heroes
:superhero: Writing up a few new missions for our Heroes to get involved in!

:school: I’m also hyper-focused on sorting out details for my kids’ schooling for the upcoming school year. It’s like a switch gets flipped in my brain in August and it’s all I can think about these days!

I’m heading to the :beach_umbrella: next week so I’m trying to be extra focused this week so I can spend a few days with the family. Vacation is coming!!!

2 Likes

That is AMAZING @ultimike! I didn’t know that you led Drupal trainings + an option to earn a certificate. That is so neat! I do not come from the WP or Drupal space myself, so I have been learning bits and pieces in both for the last 2 years. Still soooo much to learn! For someone who wants to get started in Drupal where would you point them? :slight_smile:

Also super great to virtually meet you! I work alongside @katie.richards on the community team. Hopefully we will all get the chance to meet in person on the near future [or so Katie + I are hoping for that!].

Ohhhh I love me some surprise + delights! Especially when they are going to some of the coolest cats on the planet --our Heroes :slight_smile:

As much as I love :cat: let’s hope that’s not what is in their box!

Also please take lots of photos on your adventure Katie! You know I like to live through other people’s travels! :airplane: :evergreen_tree:

Drupal Career Online | DrupalEasy - and thanks for the kind words!

-mike

1 Like

Of course, and thank you!!