Work Out Loud: August 15-19—Come Share What You’re Working on This Week! 😄

Hi all, happy Monday! :wave: I hope y’all are having a wonderful week so far.

This Week’s Featured Tweet:

Our team has been working hard behind the scenes on a suite of WebOps platform features and product enhancements to help you launch fast, automate work, and deliver engaging visitor experiences. Learn more about these exciting enhancements that will help make your digital presence extraordinary.

Now, let’s get right to it! For those of you who are new here: Work Out Loud is a weekly opportunity to share what we’re working on, who we’re meeting with, and what we’re doing in our free time. There are no rules here—share whatever you’d like!

Welcome New Members!
Welcome to our newest community members: @aproctormainland and @doxomo. We’re so excited to have you here! You’re cordially invited to participate in our Work Out Loud thread, this week and every week. :grinning: Let us know where in the world you are! :world_map:

This Week, I Am…
:zap: Continuing to prepare for our 2022 Lightning Awards, which includes starting to finalize some of the program messaging and the nomination form (which I’ll then share with our Marketing Ops and WebDev Teams for website build).

:rainbow_flag: Putting together a proposal on planned EOY activities for our LGBTQIA+ ERG and its action-oriented group (Pridetheon and Pridetheon Impact), which will be shared with our exec sponsor and higher ups, as they’ll need to approve the requested budget. I’m also working on trying to secure guest speaker(s) for our October Pridetheon Impact meeting (for National Bullying Prevention Month).

What I am Most Excited About…
:luggage: I’m starting to plan some upcoming personal trips, including a friend’s wedding in Portugal next month, so I’m excited to do some more traveling and connect with friends!

Your turn! See below for a few questions to get you started, and feel free to share as little or as much as you’d like. :point_down:

• What are you working on this week?
  • Do you have any recent big wins you want to share?
  • What are you learning and/or reading right now?
  • Is there anything our community can help you with?

This week, I’m nominating @bilgionline, @ramkyk, @Paulsmith, @vreemt, @Martiros, and @Bird (but really, anyone can participate!) to share! Feel free to chime in by clicking “Reply” below, and then, nominate others. :open_hands:

Welcome new comers!

This Week, I Am…
Catching up still from DrupalCamp Colorado, I am working on the Drupal Project Browser Initiative to get it to a good place for new contributors at DrupalCon Prague

What I am Most Excited About…
Getting ready to travel to Europe for 2 conferences in September! I have 8 days of conference, but 7 days on my own!!

What are you working on this week?
Still working on some slide decks!! so many talks, so many decks!

• Alt Text: Everything you need to know beyond just 99 Red Balloons for an IAAP webinar
  • Accessibility is a Moving Target: 2022 version for OSS Lisbon
  • Accessible Websites - A prolegomenon For OSS Dublin
  • Successful community management in open source for ATO and DrupalCon

Do you have any recent big wins you want to share?

What are you listening to right now?
Listening to some older Descendents albums to get ready for an up coming show

Is there anything our community can help you with?
Opensource.com would love to have some articles about JavaScript!! Our readers love pragmatic how-tos and scripts!

1 Like

Wow, AmyJune! You’re keeping busy!!! Sad I won’t get to go to DC Prague with you + participate in the panel but know that you’ll be in good hands with @NineLivesBlackCat stepping in. :yellow_heart:

Also, been listening to the Descendents’ “Cool to Be You” album today thanks to you… so thanks for the rec!!!

1 Like

I love that album so much… It is the album I listen to on take off for every flight…

1 Like