Welcome to this week’s Work Out Loud thread! Work Out Loud is a weekly opportunity to share what we’re working on, who we’re meeting with, and what we’re doing in our free time.
Welcome to our newest community members: @mdiplock, @hollyrusak, @brett.howells, @Safinasafina, @dconnor, @mlaurel, @joewestcott, @eustis, @iamcloyd, @jms, @MorganM, @awatila-tdh and @ppatter2! You’re cordially invited to participate in our Work Out Loud thread, this week and every week. Let us know where in the world you are, and what brings you to the Pantheon community.
This week, I am…
It’s the final countdowwwwwn DrupalCon is nearly upon us. Tomorrow I’ll be attending the Hidden Histories of Drupal panel, and this week I’ll be preparing my talk with Sienna Svob at Blue State Digital, Pantheon’s booth presence, and the Decoupled Menus initiative contribution day.
I had a great session with my mentor (from the Ceresa program, thanks Pantheon!). I’d been feeling really drained and demotivated, and I am feeling some more clarity and purpose. That’s looking like:
- Pruning slack channels I don’t need to be in
- Unsubscribing from email newsletters
- Creating a checklist to evaluate new opportunities
- Finding ways to politely say no, thanks
What strategies do you use to keep your obligations balanced?
Your turn! Here are a few questions to get you started:
- What are you working on this week?
- What is motivating (or demotivating) you this week?
- What are you learning?
- Any good videos/podcasts/articles you can recommend?
- What gives you energy at work?
Happy Monday, y’all!