Pantheon Community

Work Out Loud: April 26-30, 2021

Welcome to this week’s Work Out Loud thread! Work Out Loud is a weekly opportunity to share what we’re working on, who we’re meeting with, and what we’re doing in our free time.

This is our twentieth Work Out Loud thread. Thank you to everyone who participates – it always brings a smile to my face.

Welcome!
Welcome to our newest community members: @parkerhiggins, @npettijohn, @SmokeyBlues & @redhatmatt!

You’re cordially invited to participate in our Work Out Loud thread, this week and every week. :smiley: Let us know where in the world you are, and what brings you to the Pantheon community.

This week, I am…
:crystal_ball: Thinking about the future of my team and the future of work in general.
:cloud_with_lightning: Last week to submit to the Lightning Awards!
:running_man: Still catching up after time away.

Motivated by:
My personal life has been a little tumultuous lately, so I’m excited to get back into a routine. Sleep, exercise & meditation are my bedrock habits and I’ll be focusing on the basics this week.

Your turn! Here are a few questions to get you started:

• What are your most important habits, and why?
  • Who makes your life easier, better or more fun?
  • What are you working on this week?
  • What is motivating (or demotivating) you this week?
  • Any good videos/podcasts/articles you can recommend?
  • What small victories have you had lately?

I nominate @katie.richards, @CodeChefMarc, @dinarcon , @JohnRichardsII, & @volkswagenchick!

Happy Monday, y’all!
Tara

1 Like

We launched our first Drupal 9 project on Pantheon!

We are very pleased to see how well Pantheon currently supports Drupal 9 . We launched the corporate site for Free Press Unlimited, an NGO operating in over 50 countries.

This was a rebuild from a Drupal 7 site handed to us that had grown out of control duren the past 9 years. During the rebuild we left no stone unturned and made it a priority to streamline the editor experience, we shrunk down some pages to a quarter of the original length!

Looking back, I feel the most important talks were the ones where we identified the editorial workflows. We were able to get a clear picture of what is needed and threw out so much unneeded stuff.

The content migration took over 3 months and still the deadline was moved by 2 weeks in order to get the most important content in place. The team doing this a the client side worked really hard, but things like (re)-writing text and gathering the right copyrighted images that go along with it just take so much time. This remains to be such a planning challenge, I wonder if anyone has ever gotten this completely right?

Anyway, really glad this is now up and purring like a kitten!

Off now to celebrate Kings day over here in Amsterdam, COVID-style of course…

1 Like

Thanks for the nomination this week @sparklingrobots … I enjoy the nudge to think through my week and appreciate the positive things.

Getting back into a work routine definitely helps me when things slide sideways off hours… and sleep!

This week, I am…

• Still catching up on DrupalCon tasks
    The Easy Out of the Box initiative team is working on getting new contributors onboarded, which I think is super fun!! Haad a meeting yesterday with someone who is learning to PM and she is a good fit for running the meetings and creating some child issues off META tickets. Tomorrow I meet with a coder who likes front end and wants to learn the issue queue…Mentoring is such a feel good task.

• Stanford WebCamp is the end of the week, so I’ll be prepping a couple of slide decks. 2 talks on accessibility, fun!

• DrupalCamp Asheville and DrupalCamp NYC are gearing up, so lots of work with both those teams

Any good videos/podcasts/articles you can recommend

2 Likes

Oh!! And this inspired me…

An email from Pantheon:

we’ve been able to make a donation of $1000 in honor of the Pantheon Heroes to Techtonica, an organization in the Bay Area that provides free tech training, laptops, living stipends, and job placement to women and non-binary adults.

2 Likes

Congrats on the launch! Hearing stories like Free Press Unlimited’s make my day!

1 Like

It’s a new week!

This week, I am…
:question: Thinking through a new way to have casual conversations with Pantheon users on Twitch
:cloud_with_lightning: Helping close out the Lightning Awards on the Pantheon side of things
:bulb: Doing buckets of things to keep the lights on

I am motivated by…
:sun_with_face: It’s finally warming up in the midwest and I AM SO EXCITED! I had my first patio hang out with an old friend last night and I’m super pumped to have more opportunities to do that over the next few months

I am learning…
:page_facing_up: About the PRO Act that has passed the US House and is heading to the Senate. As an independent contractor who works with many other independent contractors, I want to know as much about how the future of our work could be impacted

1 Like

WOOHOO!!! Congrats! Just took a look and it’s a really cool site for a really great org. Thanks so much for sharing!

2 Likes