Pantheon Community

Work Out Loud: April 19-23, 2021

Welcome to this week’s Work Out Loud thread! Work Out Loud is a weekly opportunity to share what we’re working on, who we’re meeting with, and what we’re doing in our free time.

Welcome!
Welcome to our newest community members: @audrac, @alison, @brianwillows, @michalsen, @marctt, @Dee_Stone, @Quangan, @uzairmalani, @mlaurel-nortek, @jfraz, @tiltster, @ryansturt, @matthew.beck, @Fidelis4500, @soso, and @Sparky!

You’re cordially invited to participate in our Work Out Loud thread, this week and every week. :smiley: Let us know where in the world you are, and what brings you to the Pantheon community.

This week, I am…
:running_man: Catching up after a surprise week out of the office to deal with a family emergency. Thankfully everyone is doing better this week. And thankfully I have an amazing team who picked up my slack.
:cloud_with_lightning: Wrapping up some last details for the Lightning Awards
:writing_hand: Taking a few days off to go to a virtual writing retreat/conference.

Motivated by:
:trophy: I’m excited to celebrate some of our most helpful community members for the Lightning Awards Community Advocate award. I’m inspired by how helpful and smart y’all are and plan to nominate some people.

Join me! Sign up here to show your appreciation for our awesome community members.

Your turn! Here are a few questions to get you started:

• Who are you grateful for this week?
  • What are you working on this week?
  • What is motivating (or demotivating) you this week?
  • What are you learning?
  • Any good videos/podcasts/articles you can recommend?

I nominate @katie.richards, @CodeChefMarc, @kelly, @JohnRichardsII, & @volkswagenchick!

Happy Tuesday, y’all!
Tara

1 Like

Thanks, @sparklingrobots for the poke… I am glad everything is better this week.

Coming off of DrupalCon last week, this week is a nice change of pace… No deadlines.

• Who are you grateful for this week?
    OMGosh, I am so grateful for the whole Drupal Community this week. Last week I helped with contributions and so many folks came out to help!!

• What are you working on this week?
    A11yTalks’s April talk is this week and I have been tasked to host.
    I am connecting with folks who came to the Easy out of the Box initiative day last week, getting folks tasks that align with their skills and passions.

• What are you learning?
    I am taking some leadership classes through the local community college: Collaborative Problem Solving and Diversity Training for Employees and Managers.

• Any good videos/podcasts/articles you can recommend?
    If have access to the DrupalCon videos… so much goodness came out of the conference.

2 Likes

Hi @sparklingrobots. Greetings from Louisville, Kentucky. Thank you for the invite. New Pantheon Onboarding Manager here.

3 Likes

The week after a big event like DrupalCon always requires some reentry and relearning my daily job. I do what with a computer?!

This week, I am…
:writing_hand: Updating some internal documentation for our team
:gift: Sending out surprises to our Heroes
:rhinoceros: Arranging a fun virtual social event to celebrate the 2nd anniversary of the Heroes program

I am motivated by…
:drupal: It was absolutely lovely to see so many folks at DrupalCon last week! It continues to be one of my favorite virtual events

I am demotivated by…
:snowflake: April snow! I live in the Midwest so I know that snow in April isn’t unheard of but I’m over it. I’m ready to dig in the dirt and relax outside on the patio. Instead I am covering all my most sensitive plants and hoping for the best

2 Likes

Welcome! I love Louisville! :clap: I used to drive up from Nashville years ago. A true hidden gem!

Excited to have you here at Pantheon Eric!

1 Like

Welcome everyone! :wave: We are sooo excited to have you here!

This week, I am…
:trophy: Spending time arranging all of the awesome swag & email sends for our awards–coming to a close SOON! If you’re interested :arrow_forward: 2021 Pantheon Lightning Awards
:package: Preparing for a move! Wish it was into my new home, but lord knows that has been a battle! Is anyone else looking to purchase a home & have issues in these bidding wars?
:kiwi_fruit: Working on eating more clean! 3 days in & I am feeling really good actually!

I am motivated by…
:dog: Seems silly, but my sweet rescue pup, Chubs is my everything!
:camping: Also super excited to head back east to work on my camper renovation–well overdue!

Tagging @ashleynoda @elishafeliciano @stephencapellic @david.needham @duran to share what they are up to! :clap:

1 Like

Happy Friday everyone!

This week turned out to be a whirlwind but, some good stuff came out of it - we finally launched the huge project we’ve been working on for months! Anyone who loves wine, go and check it out! https://www.yourwinestore.com :wine_glass:

We added a lot of new functionality to this compared to the old site and the experience taught me a lot about oAuth and some cool new JavaScript things I’ve never done before, so that was definitely fun and a great learning experience.

Motivated by: spring weather!

Next week I’m finally taking a vacation. I’m going to learn how to paint mini-figures! :man_superhero:

Have a great one!

3 Likes

Woohoo, welcome to Pantheon! :smiley:

1 Like

OOOOOH vacation to paint minis!! I am a very amateur painter but enjoy it a lot. Share pics!

2 Likes