Work Out Loud: April 18-22

Hi everyone! :wave: Happy Monday and Tax Day (for everyone who’s in the US). Hope you all are having a great week so far. :raised_hands:

This Week’s Featured Tweet:

Michael Anello (@ultimike), Pantheon Hero and Co-Owner of DrupalEasy, recently shared a great blog post from Suzanne Dergacheva, Co-Founder of Evolving Web, just in time for DrupalCon Portland. Check out the post for some advice on making the most out of your time at DrupalCon Summits. If you have any tips or best practices that help you navigate community events that you’d like to share, comment them below! :point_down:

Now, let’s get right to it! For those of you who are new here: Work Out Loud is a weekly opportunity to share what we’re working on, who we’re meeting with, and what we’re doing in our free time. There are no rules here—share whatever you’d like!

Welcome New Members!
Welcome to our newest community members: @lakshmi, @jennifer.hoffman, @solomon.finn, @bethink, @alshbg12, @coregenicsoftwares, and @johndgraham. We’re so excited to have you here! You’re cordially invited to participate in our Work Out Loud thread, this week and every week. :grinning: Let us know where in the world you are! :world_map:

This Week, I Am…
:nerd_face: Catching up on work after being out several days the past few weeks. This includes planning and scheduling upcoming Tip Tuesdays (which you can see in the #general channel of our Community Slack) and working on the revamp of our community landing page.

:rainbow_flag: Earlier today, @ANW and I announced Pantheon’s relaunched LGBTQIA+ ERG, Pridetheon, and its impact-oriented extension, Pridetheon Impact, to the entire company during our Weekly Kick Off call, which was very exciting! Tomorrow, we’ll be hosting Pridetheon’s first official meeting! I’m thrilled to kick things off and am proud of the LGBTQIA+ community we’re building at Pantheon.

What I am Most Excited About…
Having a chance to relax! Last week was fairly busy for me, and I was occupied with lots of personal things that came up, so I’m excited for a chance to take a breather and chill. I also recently just finished my taxes and am THRILLED. Who else is not a fan of tax season/doing their taxes?!

Your turn! See below for a few questions to get you started, and feel free to share as little or as much as you’d like. :point_down:

• What are you working on this week?
  • Do you have any recent big wins you want to share?
  • What are you learning and/or reading right now?
  • Is there anything our community can help you with?

This week, I’m nominating @zbrooks, @anthill, @mpuaca, @noahfinn, and @jhewitt (but really, anyone can participate!) to share! Feel free to chime in by clicking “Reply” below, and then, nominate others. :open_hands:

Welcome @lakshmi, @jennifer.hoffman, @solomon.finn, @bethink, @alshbg12, @coregenicsoftwares, and @johndgraham!! Nice to have you here

@vee.vopham I’d love to hear more about LGBTQIA+ ERG, Pridetheon. Sounds fun and exciting.

And thank you for posting about writing for Opensource.com!! It takes a village!

1 Like

Of course!! So, me and my fabulous ERG co-lead, @ANW, recently relaunched our new LGBTQIA+ ERG after three orientations. We voted on the new name and decided as a group that the Pridetheon ERG will be closed to only those who identify as LGBTQIA+ (which was crucial for us as we wanted to create a safe space for LGBTQIA+ individuals at Pantheon - somewhere where they can be their full, authentic selves and share things that they wouldn’t feel comfortable sharing in a more public setting). The ERG’s purpose and mission will be to 1) create a safe space and opportunities to connect for LGBTQIA+ staff at Pantheon and 2) to ensure the interests and experiences of LGBTQIA+ staff are taken into executive level and organization-wide decision-making. This ERG will actively work with its impact-oriented extension (Pridetheon Impact) to rally support, advocacy, and resources for causes and efforts supporting the LGBTQIA+ community. We had our first official Pridetheon ERG meeting today and agreed that we’re going to focus on creating a space for belonging and empathy for other human beings and would prioritize this function over more action-oriented things, e.g., hosting events. Pridetheon Impact will be used for that purpose!

With Pride coming up, we’re going to focus on a few key things: Working with Design on a new ERG logo, ordering Pridetheon swag for folx in time for Pride (happy to set aside swag for you if you’d like some queer/Pride-themed Pantheon swag :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:), putting together a Pridetheon volunteer event for next month, and planning some activities for Pride in June. I’m thinking we can maybe put a fundraising campaign together (that would benefit a few LGBTQIA+ causes/charities), which will be open to the public, and having some kind of fun virtual event that is Pride-themed. TBD! :rainbow: :raised_hands:

And happy to help spread the word on Opensource.com things anytime! :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Sounds great, let me know if there are any Pridethon events for heroes.

1 Like

Will do! What we’re doing for Pride is still up in the air…but yes, I’d love to do something that involves Heroes/external folx!! :rainbow: :hugs:

1 Like