Work Out Loud: April 11-15

Hi everyone! :wave: Here’s some Monday Motivation and wisdom to start your week off right! :raised_hands:

This Week’s Featured Tweet:

Now, let’s get right to it! For those of you who are new here: Work Out Loud is a weekly opportunity to share what we’re working on, who we’re meeting with, and what we’re doing in our free time. There are no rules here—share whatever you’d like!

Welcome New Members!
Welcome to our newest community members: @JessRo, @schutzsmith, @rcmariano, and @StevenE. We’re so excited to have you here! You’re cordially invited to participate in our Work Out Loud thread, this week and every week. :grinning: Let us know where in the world you are! :world_map:

This Week, I Am…
:trophy: Announcing our Community Champion of the Month for April 2022! Stay tuned for a forum post that names who our new champion is, and learn about their experience and involvement in the Pantheon and open source communities!

:computer: Continuing to work on the wireframe and content for the refreshed version of our community landing page. We’re hoping this page will soon be the one-stop shop for new developers visiting Pantheon. Stay tuned for changes!

What I am Most Excited About…
​​:luggage: I’m excited to travel to San Francisco AGAIN next month for my team’s retreat! Feels like I was just there! I’m looking forward to seeing more of my colleagues in person and may try to stay a few extra days, so I can continue to explore one of my favorite cities/areas. :slightly_smiling_face:

Your turn! See below for a few questions to get you started, and feel free to share as little or as much as you’d like. :point_down:

• What are you working on this week?
  • Do you have any recent big wins you want to share?
  • What are you learning and/or reading right now?
  • Is there anything our community can help you with?

This week, I’m nominating @johnjohnrannz, @michellecolon, @rositis, @bdimaggio, @naandrews, and @ktracy567 (but really, anyone can participate!) to share! Feel free to chime in by clicking “Reply” below, and then, nominate others. :open_hands:

2 Likes

Welcome @JessRo, @schutzsmith, @rcmariano, and @StevenE!! Good to have you here.

@vee.vopham It’s exciting that you’ll be back in SF! More exploring!

I just got back from a long weekend in Colorado. I visited with a sister, saw some punk rocks shows, and visited the Rockies… so refreshing to be in the cool mountain air and get some good food!

What am I working on this week?

• Still working on my slides for DrupalCon and collaborating on the Community Summit
  • Helping the Discover Drupal students learn how to contribute back to Drupal. We worked on merge requests and have been helping with the Project Browser initiative.
  • DrupalCamp Asheville is gearing up , so working with the team to get things going. I am the lead for training, so actively looking for folks who’d like to present a 1/2 day Drupal or Drupal adjacent training
  • Getting things in line for helping with mentored contrib at DrupalCon

Do you have any recent big wins you want to share?

• I was amazed to have TWO sessions accepted for the WomenTech Global conference
    • Finding a Niche in Open Source Contributions
    • Inclusive and Accessible Content

What am I listening to right now?

• The new Red Hat Chili Peppers Album
  • Sleater Kinney’s One Beat
  • Catching up on Wait Wait Don’t Tell me episodes

Is there anything the community can help me with?

• I am always looking for folks who want to submit articles to Opensource.com (the only real requirement is the topic should be open source or open culture)
  • DrupalCon Portland can always use more contribution mentors!
2 Likes

Yes, definitely… Will try to make it up to Point Reyes National Seashore +Armstrong Woods (as Marc recommended before). :slightly_smiling_face: Always love visiting the Bay Area + can’t wait to someday (hopefully soon) live there.

And oh fun - love Colorado! Glad you had a nice, long weekend + could relax/unwind with family (especially before DrupalCon with all the things going on)!

Wow, your week sounds busy! Hope you got to do everything you wanted to get done. And thanks for sharing the opportunities to contribute to Opensource.com + serve as a DC Portland contribution mentor!! Will share these separately.