Pantheon Community

Welcome to the Gift Of Open Source!

Welcome to the Gift of Open Source! :wave:t4:

Sprinkle some extra cheer during the holiday season by sharing the gift of open source with others! Register for our very first, free community event to score a limited-edition Gift of Open Source t-shirt! :point_down:t4:

:gift: What is the Gift of Open Source?

The Gift of Open Source is an annual community challenge that takes place throughout the month of December. The purpose of this event is to sprinkle some extra cheer during the holiday season by sharing the gift of open source with others!

:gift: When does the Gift of Open Source begin?

The challenge will begin December 1st and run through December 31st [registration will remain open until December 31st].

:gift: Who Can Participate?

In the spirit of inclusivity, open source enthusiasts from all backgrounds and skills levels are encouraged to participate. Technical and non-technical contributors are welcome!

:gift: Where Can I Register?

Register here!

:gift: How Do I Get Involved?

Any contribution to Drupal core, WordPress core, Pantheon repos, or another open source project counts as participation. We invite contributions of all kinds, too–not just code! That means attending a community meeting, working on documentation and much more.

Not sure where to start? We have some suggestions!

:gift: Do I Get a Prize for Participating?

Yes! The first 300 people to register for the event, join the Pantheon Community & contribute to at least two open source projects during the month of December will receive a Gift of Open Source t-shirt! All other participants will receive a mystery swag bag for participating!

:gift: How do I Receive Credit for my Contributions?

As a reminder, in order to receive credit for all of your amazing contribution(s) you must provide proof [links or screenshots] of your contributions here before January 1st.

Have a Question?

We’ve got you covered! Drop them in the #gift-of-open-source Slack channel and one of our awesome team members will be able to help you out in a jiffy!

To learn all about the Gift of Open Source, please take a few moments to read through these FAQs.