Pantheon Community

Upgrading from Drupal 8.8.4 to 8.8.5 causes database update to fail

Hello!
This is my first post in this forum and I’m hoping that someone has seen something similar and can help me out. Here’s what’s happening.

I have a Drupal 8 site that was built over 3 years ago. It uses the Metatag module. After upgrading from Drupal core 8.8.4 to 8.8.5 the update job errors out after clicking the button to update. The web view is your typical: “This site is experiencing technical difficulties.” The db error log reports that it can’t find the metatag_page_variants module. Interestingly, this is not a new error. I can see this error in previous log entries before the update. But, it looks like upgrading to 8.8.5 changes this error from a warning to a critical error.

So, my question is: how do I remove the reference to this old submodule (metatag_page_variants) so that my db update doesn’t fail anymore?

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks!

1 Like

Ok. I was able to resolve the problem with a SQL query with the help of this article:

https://www.drupal.org/forum/support/post-installation/2019-05-16/the-module-does-not-exist

delete from key_value where collection = 'system.schema' and name = 'metatag_page_variants';

1 Like