Pantheon Community

Santa Fe Guy new to Pantheon

Hi, I am from Santa Fe, NM. I would love to be part of pantheon as I am learning wordpress. I would also like to get the t shirt!

2 Likes

Welcome Avil! :wave:

We are super excited to have you here! We just had a series of WordPress for beginners trainings hosted by one of our awesome Pantheon Heroes @amyjune. I will make sure to share those presentation with you–they were awesome! If you’re interested in learning more about Pantheon, you can attend one of our live workshops – hosted every week!

And then last but not least–in order to score an awesome limited-edition t-shirt you will need to do a few things Avil!

1. Register here
  2. Contribute to at least 2 open source projects! These can be code or non-code :slight_smile: If you need some inspiration, check out this thread!
  3. Provide a screenshot or link of your contributions here by December 31st!

Let me know if you have any more questions!

2 Likes

Hi,
I have already registered.
I will do the rest before the end of the day

2 Likes

Hi,
I have completed all three of the tasks. Please have a look and let me know if you need more.
Thanks a lot!
Avi123

2 Likes

Hi, @Avi123! Welcome! Always glad to see a fellow NM resident here. :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks! I was interested in getting the t-shirt and being a member of the Wordpress community. I am preparing a basic website design, using HTML, CSS and javascript. I am learning from Youtube. I am keen on getting some level of certification, and be an advanced web designer. I am not sure where to start. Any help or direction would be highly appreciated.

Thanks for letting us know @Avi123 :slight_smile: I was able to find those screenshots for your contributions & will absolutely count you towards scoring are awesome swag package for the Gift of Open Source.

In terms of getting started, you’re in the right place! Our community is filled with open source professionals from all backgrounds & skill levels. I know I also previously mentioned that we offer a series of trainings weekly, which will also allow you to chat with our Developer Relations team here at Pantheon 1:1. I am fairly new to open source myself, so we can absolutely be each other’s champions! @sparklingrobots is a jack of all trades & will likely be able to help provide some extra guidance to help you get started doing the all the things you love most!

Once again, welcome to our community we are SO excited to have you! :yellow_heart: :black_heart:

1 Like

Thanks!
I will start looking into the weekly trainings. I also wonder if you hold Zoom meetings for people to have a stimulating conversation. I live in Santa Fe, NM, and I am open to meeting local programmers as well (with Covid care).
Finally, I will be totally looking forward to the swags!
I hope to post more code related documents in days/ weeks to come.
Im glad to be part of this awesome community.

I can invite you to a NM Tech slack if you’re interested–there are some WordPress channels there. Let me know. :smiley:

And https://learn.wordpress.org/ just launched. Definitely worth a look!

That would be great!
I’ll check out the link as well.
Thanks,
Abhi