In this odd time, many of us are working remotely and that can be a tricky thing to do. I thought it may be a good idea to share some tips and tricks as well as some music I’ve been listening to while I code. Hopefully this helps others. Feel free to chime in with your own tips and music suggestions!
- Routines are always a good idea when it comes to working from home. It may take a few days to figure out the best routine, but if you can stick to a schedule with planned breaks, exercise, and time away from the screen, it makes it much easier to know what to expect.
- Set up a dedicated space for working if you can - this can be tricky if you don’t have an extra room in your house, but if you can even dedicate a specific area like a part of the kitchen table it makes it easier to know when you are working and where all of your work-related tools are.
-Stay in touch with coworkers - via Slack, Teams, Discord, or another chat service, it’s important to stay in touch at least a few times a day. Even if you chat about non-work related things, it helps keep you community together and connected.
- Listen to some good music! For me, I love having some ambient / chill on in the background while I code, but others may like classical, trance, or rock. Here are some of my latest favorites:
- Tycho, ambient rock, no vocals for the most part - https://music.apple.com/us/artist/tycho/119111355
- Delerium, electronic with new age influences - https://music.apple.com/us/artist/delerium/2156106
- SomaFM - Tons of great stations here, my favorites include Groove Salad and Space Station Soma - https://somafm.com
Stay safe everyone!