🏳️‍🌈 Pride 2022 Open Thread—Share What You’re Doing for Pride Month 🏳️‍⚧

:rainbow: It’s Pride Month! :partying_face: In honor and recognition of Pride 2022, Pantheon’s staff-led, LGBTQIA+ impact-oriented group, Pridetheon Impact, and People Team have planned and organized various activities that are for internal staff and/or our external community members. Through all of our Pride programs, we aim to 1) celebrate the LGBTQIA+ community and all the progress we’ve made to date, 2) rally support and resources for nonprofits serving the LGBTQIA+ community, and 3) educate folx about inclusivity and issues impacting the LGBTQIA+ community.

:arrow_down: See below for all of the ways that Pantheon is celebrating Pride Month! :unicorn: Note: I’ve bolded the things that YOU (anyone in our community!) can participate in.

• Bright Funds fundraiser (where 100% of the money raised will be split evenly between 50 nonprofits (selected by Pantheon staff and community members) serving the LGBTQIA+ community)
  • Pride music playing all month long during our all-staff Weekly Kick Off calls
  • Sharing Pride Stories internally in our company Slack every Tuesday and Thursday, starting later this week
  • Rainbow Pride Pantheon staff photos (we’re asking staff to sport their favorite ROYGBIV color on Monday, June 13 and will take a group Zoom photo and share it out after)
  • Encouraging staff to learn with PRIDE through various LinkedIn Learning courses centered on inclusivity
  • Hosting an open Community Forum thread to ask folx to share the Pride events they’re participating in (which is what you’re reading right now!)
  • Updating all of our social media, community, and other corporate web pages with Pride-themed imagery that shows support for the LGBTQIA+ community
  • Sharing LGBTQIA+ resources relevant to the open source community on social media throughout the month of Pride
  • A virtual, end-of-month Pride event that will feature an inclusivity training and social activity (this session will be open to our external community; I’ll share the date and more details when I get them)
  • And more things that I can’t think of or are in the process of being finalized!

Now, I’d love to hear about what you all are doing for Pride Month! :eyes: How are you and/or your company celebrating Pride? :thinking: Are you organizing Pride events (can be in-person or virtual)? :rainbow_flag: Share the info for everything Pride-related that you’re a part of below in the comments section :point_down:, and let’s amplify each other’s programs and work! :transgender_flag:

Your Community Team :heart::orange_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart:,
@vee.vopham, @McKennaR, and @katie.richards

2 Likes