Hello Pantheon Users!
You can view a quick demo video of the Pantheon/Branch integration here.
Why Use Branch?
You might be thinking why would I want to use Branch? Here is my take:
- Branch is built for WordPress and is great for pushing from an external Git provider to Pantheon
- The Pantheon integration is turn-key, only requiring a machine token to set up
- Deploying GitHub pull requests to a new multidev on Pantheon can be set up for a project in minutes!
- Branch is UI based and makes setting up automated workflows as easy - no need to write complex yaml configuration files
- Select only the step you need
- Have one project that needs a Composer build step and another that should deploy to Pantheon as-is? No problem
- Branch supports GitHub, GitLab and BitBucket
- Build Tools supports GitHub and GitLab but BitBucket work is still in progress
- The Pantheon orb only supports GitHub and BitBucket (CircleCI does not support GitLab)
Sign Up Details
If you would like to sign up for Branch, you can do so at https://app.branchci.com/register?code=PANTHEON.
?code=PANTHEON bit is important as it will give you 250 free builds, instead of the standard 50 for new users, as well as activate the Pantheon integration.
As this is a new service, Peter is looking for feedback on Branch. As you use Branch, you can reach out to Peter for help or feedback using the chat interface in the Branch dashboard. You may also leave feedback on this post.
Lead Developer Programs Engineer