Option to commit Upstream Updates up to a selected update

For example : I would like to run the Upstream commits to my sites BUT not include the latest update Wordpress 6.0. I want to wait at least a week or so before updating to Wordpress 6.0. Unfortunately I now will have to put on hold all the other upstream updates for another week or so too.
Thanks
Dana

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing your feature request with us, @dana.mcdonald! :pray: We meet with our Product Team monthly to surface feedback and feature requests like this that come through our community, so I will make sure to share this with the team, and if I can provide an update, I will. Thanks again! :smiley:

Hi, @dana.mcdonald! In response to this feature request, I wanted to send over some notes and a workaround that our Customer Success Team shared with me that should help you:

It won’t be possible via the dashboard UI, but you can manually apply version 5.9.3 via the WP Dashboard. After that, when you think you are good with WP 6, you can revert back to that 5.9.3 update you did manually, and again re-align with the managed updates of ours.

If you want to apply the other updates (other than core) and want to disregard a update:

Sorry, those other updates will only take place if you apply all the updates. But, if you want them, you can apply manually by downloading those from our Github repo. In this case, you will need to revert back these changes when you want to apply WP 6 to re-align with the managed updates of the dashboard.

Let me know if you have any questions to this. Thanks!