Now Announcing Our October 2022 Community Champion 🥳

Pantheon’s Community Team is thrilled to share that John Rearick (@jrearick-pfg), Senior Software Engineer at the Principal Financial Group, is our Community Champion of the Month for October 2022. :trophy:

John, whose preferred CMS is Drupal and who works on the Principal Financial Group team that manages the before-login portion of the principal.com website, has been selected as this month’s Community Champion for his unwavering support and commitment to helping others both on and offline. John can often be found in our Developer Community Slack channels answering questions and sharing resources on Drupal, the Pantheon Platform, and other open source topics.

Two recent examples of John in action on our Community Slack include when he chimed in to assist Tom Friedhof when they were encountering issues using Pantheon Localdev with a brand new site and when he offered advice to Matt Cohen when they were looking for a way to restrict website access to only those who are coming in via Cloudflare. John has also been great at sharing product feedback and feature requests with our team to help us continually improve Pantheon’s products and services. Recent requests include adding a MySQL database connection string link in the Pantheon Dashboard, putting the Pantheon Domain Masking module on Drupal.org and/or Packagist, and having the ability to stream logs out of the Pantheon environment.

When we asked John what inspired him to do the work he does today and get involved in open source, this is what he had to say:

I got my start in Drupal with a supportive and encouraging community. I can remember how hard it can be to solve some problems. If I have a moment to help answer a question or help make something better, I think it makes a positive feedback loop where some amazing things can happen for lots of people in unexpected ways.

John also shared what he enjoys most about being a part of our community:

The timely feedback and sincere concern for the people using the product. The open source model for docs and Pantheon integration modules that accept pull requests and improvements from users.

And when we asked John about his hidden superpower, he replied with:

I’m good at breaking things. If you give me an application to test out, I’m likely to find a way to break it by doing something unexpected with it.

We’re so glad John’s passion for building community, giving back, and solving problems in the open source space led him to web development and Pantheon! Our community wouldn’t be the same without you, John.

From the bottom of our heart, we thank you for all you do each and every day to make our community and the open web a better place. We’re so lucky to have you as an integral part of our community and look forward to seeing all the amazing things you’ll continue to do in the future!

Everyone, please join us in congratulating John! :clap:

Your Community Team :black_heart::yellow_heart:,
@vee.vopham, @McKennaR, and @katie.richards

Interested in learning more about what it takes to become a Community Champion and all the perks that come with it? Read all about it here.

If you would like to nominate someone in our community to become the next Community Champion of the Month, take a few minutes to fill out this form.

3 Likes

Congrats john!!

I love working with you in the community!

2 Likes

This is such a well-deserved recognition. Congratulations @jrearick-pfg!

3 Likes