Now Announcing Our June 2022 Community Champion 🥳

Pantheon’s Community Team is thrilled to share that Sean T. Walsh (@crowdcg), Co-Founder of CrowdCG, is our Community Champion of the Month for June 2022. :trophy:

Sean, who spends his day-to-day leading development and design at CrowdCG where he and his wife, Jessica L. Bladon, work on building and supporting a variety of higher ed and nonprofit sites, has been selected as this month’s Community Champion for his unwavering support and commitment to helping others both on and offline. Sean can often be found in our Developer Community Slack channels answering questions and sharing resources on Drupal, WordPress, and Pantheon. Two recent example of Sean in action on our Developer Community Slack include when he jumped in to respond to a question posted by Brian Morris asking if it’s possible to have the dev and test environment URLs be subdomains of a custom domain and when he directed Aaron Pinero to submit their Pantheon dashboard suggestion to our Product Team.

When we asked Sean what inspired him to do the work he does today, this is what he had to say:

I’d say my inspiration was a series of happy accidents that pushed me to want to learn and experiment more and more with web tech. From a young age, I had been fascinated by computers and then more so once I had access to the internet. During high school and college, I dabbled in using HTML/CSS/Dreamweaver to build sites on geocities, mostly for bands I was in. Then after college, I was lucky enough to have a job where my boss was the head of IT. He encouraged me to dive deeper, and I implemented email campaigns and did some classic ASP work on the company site. Following some evolution at that job, I went to work for a similar company where the websites were a core part of my job and from there moved the sites from ASP to Drupal 6/7 and WordPress. After several years running those sites, I decided that was something I’d like to do 100% of the time and started CrowdCG.

Sean also shared what he enjoys most about being a part of our community:

The Pantheon Community is great. I learn so much in the forums and Slack. The sense of belonging and being able to chat with other web professionals and Pantheors directly has been really helpful on many levels especially when working from home all the time.

And when we asked Sean about his hidden superpower, he replied with:

Having been a Philosophy major in college, I’d say curiosity and problem solving. These have been very helpful “superpowers” to stay up-to-date with technology and the web dev industry.

We’re so glad Sean’s passion for computers, problem solving, and collaborating with others led him to web development and Pantheon! Our community wouldn’t be the same without you, Sean.

From the bottom of our heart, we thank you for all you do each and every day to make our community and the open web a better place. We’re so lucky to have you as an integral part of our community and look forward to seeing all the amazing things you’ll continue to do in the future!

Everyone, please join us in congratulating Sean! :clap:

Your Community Team :black_heart::yellow_heart:,

@vee.vopham, @McKennaR, and @katie.richards

Interested in learning more about what it takes to become a Community Champion and all the perks that come with it? Read all about it here.

If you would like to nominate someone in our community to become the next Community Champion of the Month, take a few minutes to fill out this form.

1 Like

Congrats @crowdcg !!

I loved working with you on DrupalCamp NJ!

1 Like

Congrats @crowdcg! We definitely appreciate your problem solving skills in the community!

1 Like