Now Announcing Our July 2022 Community Champion 🥳

Pantheon’s Community Team is thrilled to share that Kevin Porras (@kporras07), a seasoned Drupal/PHP developer and trainer, is our Community Champion of the Month for July 2022. :trophy:

Kevin, who has served as a Pantheon Hero and who currently works at Pantheon as a contract CMS Ecosystem Developer, has been selected as this month’s Community Champion for his unwavering support and commitment to helping others both on and offline. Kevin can often be found in our Developer Community Slack channels answering questions and sharing resources on Drupal, Composer, Terminus, and other Pantheon products and services. Two recent example of Kevin in action on our Community Slack include when he jumped in to respond to a question posted by Ryan Ositis asking for help moving from a Build Tools Github/CircleCI/Pantheon workflow to a vanilla Integrated Composer workflow and when he assisted Vincent Massaro when they were experiencing issues testing Github Actions with Build Tools.

When we asked Kevin what inspired him to do the work he does today and get involved in open source, this is what he had to say:

I got into open source communities when I was in college, and it was always great looking at so many people sharing knowledge. So, I have really gotten into it since those days and still love to share knowledge/code whenever I can.

Kevin also shared what he enjoys most about being a part of our community:

It’s amazing to see how there is always someone happy to help others with really awesome advice. Also, being able to help people sometimes is great.

And when we asked Kevin about his hidden superpower, he replied with:

Making great coffee at home.

We definitely share Kevin’s love for coffee and are so glad Kevin’s passion for open source and helping others led him to web development and Pantheon! Our community wouldn’t be the same without you, Kevin.

From the bottom of our heart, we thank you for all you do each and every day to make our community and the open web a better place. We’re so lucky to have you as an integral part of our community and look forward to seeing all the amazing things you’ll continue to do in the future!

Everyone, please join us in congratulating Kevin! :clap:

Your Community Team :black_heart::yellow_heart:,

@vee.vopham, @McKennaR, and @katie.richards

Interested in learning more about what it takes to become a Community Champion and all the perks that come with it? Read all about it here.

If you would like to nominate someone in our community to become the next Community Champion of the Month, take a few minutes to fill out this form.

2 Likes

Wooohoo thank you for being a wonderful advocate and member of our community! :partying_face:

1 Like

w00t @kporras07! :party_dancer_shark: :tada:

1 Like

Congrats @kporras07 . Well deserved!

1 Like