Pantheon Community

Now Announcing Our Community Member of the Month for September!

Please join us in congratulating @gravelpot, Senior IT Manager at the University of Texas at Austin, for being our Community Champion of the Month for September! :partying_face:

Paul has been awarded the Community Champion badge in our forum, for his unwavering support & commitment to making the open web a better place! You’ve likely seen Paul popping around in Slack, helping solve complex issues —lending a helping hand every chance he can. Which makes sense, considering Paul leads a fantastic team at UT Austin, that builds and maintains custom Drupal distribution for developer use on campus. Did I mention his team also helps build and maintain websites on behalf of those customers who do not have their own web teams? AMAZING! :raised_hands:

When we asked Paul what inspired him to what he does today, this is what he shared:

“I was a child of the personal computing revolution, cutting my teeth in elementary school by playing Ultima and programming in BASIC on Apple IIs that were kept in a repurposed closet by the school gym. By the time I got to college, a friend showed me the ropes of the early internet, helping me learn about UNIX, email, and Usenet before the first web browsers had appeared on the scene. The early Web emerged into consciousness while I was working as a part-time help desk consultant at the campus computer store, where we were given the freedom to explore new technologies like HTML and httpd. Fast-forward almost 30 years and many career changes, and the Web has been a consistent thread through it all. I’ve found my vocation helping people get their message published on the Internet, mostly in higher education.”

It’s safe to say Paul has made an everlasting impact on the communities he serves & continues to do so today! From the bottom of our heart, we thank you for all you do each and every day to make the open web a better place. We are so lucky to have you as part of our community Paul & we are so excited to see what the future has in store for you!

Your Community Team :black_heart: :yellow_heart:
@katie.richards + @McKennaR

Interested in learning more about what it takes to become a Community Champion & all the perks that come with it? Read all about it here .

1 Like

Congratulations @gravelpot! And thank you for everything you do to help community members and to demonstrate the value of the open web.

2 Likes

Thank you @Christy! And many thanks to @McKennaR and @katie.richards for this generous recognition.

1 Like